Blinking Start (middle) button for notifications?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks, I'm writing in the name of all users from wpslovenija, a slovenian site about WP.

Our member came up with an idea of a reminder for notifications that could be used by (almost) all devices. The concept is, when you get an email, text message or you miss a call, the Start (middle capacitive button) or other buttons would start to blink, either once, twice, or multiple times for an user-defined amount of time (10min, 30min, 1h, infinite). This could either be a 3rd party app, or even an update from Microsoft, which would enable this feature.
I'm not familiar with restrictions of the system, which restrict access to that piece of hardware, or of there is even an API for that, but maybe there is a chance that it could be developed.

So, what do you think? It could replace the LED lights on the top IMO.. :)

Greetings from everyone!

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
That would be a great app. Missing repeated notification in WP8, is a terrible issues.
However, I don't think start led could blink indipendently from others two, at least in Lumia 920 and I don't think that WP SDK allow this.
But I think you can power on the screen directly or by a notification toast or something like that.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Some people come up with some of the worst ideas, but I have to say, I *love* this idea. One thing I miss from my BB days was being able to see if I had a message at a glance from across the room.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If I can Disable it , then why not ! If not , then Thank You But No Thank you !

I had that in my old Nokia E75 & it drove me nuts !

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts to that idea are that you could enable or disable it, or even that you could enable/disable it for specific type of notifications, like enabled only for calls and texts; to make it customizable as much as possible. Sounds Android-like, but why not?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think that that little LEDs under the capacitive buttons consume less battery than a few hundred thousand pixels that have to be powered on to see if there's a notification..

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Any such option needs to be an option.

I like the idea of the buttons glowing pulsating, but it needs to be an option as not all people like things like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99