strange experience with my own music

belgiantrotter

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
OK so I like my lumia & I really like WP8
i tried searching a bit before posting this but most issues are with xbox music cloud & streaming service. mine is a bit different

but the music part I really don't get it. I'm not talking about XBOX music as a streaming service because I don't use it.
but I'm talking about the player and the integration to the Music Store... (Xbox Music too I guess :))

- album art is a mess but I fixed most of that using that cool little app. (although I shouldn't have needed to do that. I spent hours a year ago fixing all my album art inside my files :) it looks lovely in most music player/libraries)
- the artist background image is even more messed up!! here's why:
- I keep getting gray backgrounds. so I'm always assuming that's because it can't find the artist. But that's where I assume wrong!! when I then go to the store and look up that artist, JEP it's there. all nice with image, bio, related artists... but wait albums in collection > ALWAYS EMPTY (or most of the time) What is this? it seems there is a complete disconnect between the store (where I'm guessing it gets its information) and the player with the files stored locally. and I'm pretty sure the way my metadata is setup in those files should be enough for the player to link it correctly...

I used to have a ZUNE HD (actually still using it ...) & using Zune Software. I really can't understand why they can't re-use most of that functionality. It worked better, waaay better than itunes and now they made something awful. Do departments at Microsoft not communicate with each other?! (seems they are like every other company :)) It's a shame

it's just amazingly stunning that this is so badly conceived!
or is this a BUG? I'm guessing it's a feature...

***sigh***

belgiantrotter

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ok cool just realized I can also do artist images with that app

but again... i should not supposed to be doing that!!!

anyway I can at least "clean up" my library a bit :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb