Don't you hate it when the notifications cuts off in the tile?

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I feel that just blocks of coloured tiles with words written in it is something that a 5 year old can do with MS Paint, and I don't want to buy apps just to have that in my home screen, it looks lazy and disorganized.

There are apps out there that you pay, but the tiles are very bad looking. Just a coloured box with words in it. Especially when the words cut off because the font size doesn't auto adjust itself to fit!

WPC app for example has an amazing! update! I love how the words and the notifications fit inside the tile, regardless of the size. But some apps are just... :angry:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think a real notification center is are coming soon. I can't think modern cell phones like the 920 will be without one for very long.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel that just blocks of coloured tiles with words written in it is something that a 5 year old can do with MS Paint, and I don't want to buy apps just to have that in my home screen, it looks lazy and disorganized.

There are apps out there that you pay, but the tiles are very bad looking. Just a coloured box with words in it. Especially when the words cut off because the font size doesn't auto adjust itself to fit!

WPC app for example has an amazing! update! I love how the words and the notifications fit inside the tile, regardless of the size. But some apps are just... :angry:

Actually, that's not a bad app. Even MS'd apps do that. Just like how in apps content gets cropped for titles, etc. That's a part of the design language. The font size should not shrink.

People are so used to old computer UI design which is so rigid and confined. No 2 year could ever design anything that looks as good as WP.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually, that's not a bad app. Even MS'd apps do that. Just like how in apps content gets cropped for titles, etc. That's a part of the design language. The font size should not shrink.

People are so used to old computer UI design which is so rigid and confined. No 2 year could ever design anything that looks as good as WP.

I agree... Seeing a font that shrinks in WP8 would seriously tick me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith