Internet Explorer Sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol that's like someone buying a car and telling the person don't drive it when its raining because the acid from the rain destroys the car, that its not the car manufactures fault.

Ah, the dreaded car analogy rears its head. I'm going to enjoy digging myself into a hole by responding to car analogy with car analogy.

The acid rain argument doesn't work because no one controls the acid rain. This situation would be more comparable to a community building its roads with a material that will poke holes in tyres from some manufacturers. Those tyres are certified roadworthy and there are guidelines in place on how to build roads so they work for everybody, but the community decided it doesn't need to bother about those things because most people seem to have tyres which won't be affected.

But why don't those affected manufacturers just use the same tyre composition as the unaffected companies? Ah, because that particular tyre composition - Webkit - is actually flawed in other aspects, and god forbid that we converge to it as a standard after its creators have proven to be completely ignorant of those issues. And of course, there's the conventional wisdom that competition is good for the consumer - though I guess that doesn't seem to compute in most people's minds when the competition is Microsoft.

Good read here: https://brendaneich.com/2013/02/why-mozilla-matters/

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
man he is the kind of people Apple targets...they really just don't care the reasoning behind it. I can understand that to a certain point but I used IE10 on my surface and windows 7 and I have to say it's so much better than IE9. It really shows on windows 7, IE9 was slow on my 4 years old laptop (relatively slow) and now it's blazing fast (to a certain extent, still restricted by my physical memory) but it uses a lot less resources.

Lots of issue are based on design decisions, not being able to upload is a security based decision like many others.

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So you're telling me to stop using the websites that I use everyday?......... Lol that's like someone buying a car and telling the person don't drive it when its raining because the acid from the rain destroys the car, that its not the car manufactures fault.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

what he is saying is that learn hoe to adopt to the new environment and know the limitation. Go around the laws??? :]

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't see what the OP's problem has to do with webkit. It looks like the website just wasn't written with touchscreens in mind. I doubt it works on any touchscreen at all. Devs have to understand that when you have a rollover menu like that, you either have to make the menu stay visible when clicked or provide a subnavigation page.

There are good reasons to rant about webkit but I don't think this is one of them.

leonkehoe

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
It's the website that's at fault, not Internet Explorer. I suggest you contact the developer of the website in an effort to resolve the issue.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
How cool would it be if in the next update if you have win8 that all of your favorites bookmarked for your computer ie10/11 automatically synched to your wp8 browser?! Microsoft needs to make this happen!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Eh not the best site I've ever been to, but bimmerpost worked fine with my 8x. I don't see your problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05