Sideloading

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Am I alone in wishing sideloading did not require SD cards? (I own a Lumia 920).

I recently had an issue with an app in which the developer stopped the publication of the app, published the exact same version again under a slightly different name and now people have to pay once more if they want to get the app on the phone again. (Or I don't know if the original dev sold the company or app or something like that).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/218086-ikamasutra.html

It is cases like this where I don't like being forced to use a store and prefer being able to download the installers of my programs. I can't use ever again something that I already paid for. And then they wonder why people turn to piracy.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can't sideload apps with an SD card, if you got it on the card it first checks in the marketplace if it's there AND if it's the must recent version, and only then it installs. The only real way of sideloading is via the WP8 SDK, which requires you to sign up as a developer and developer unlock your phone.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
You can't sideload apps with an SD card, if you got it on the card it first checks in the marketplace if it's there AND if it's the must recent version, and only then it installs. The only real way of sideloading is via the WP8 SDK, which requires you to sign up as a developer and developer unlock your phone.

Ahhh, interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for the answer, it makes me less annoyed. :D Hehehehe. I still think having to depend on a store for something you already paid is a disaster.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yup, that really sucks.. Even on iOS you're able to install anything you ever had on your device I'd you saved it..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre