How does checking for app updates in the store work? And is there a way to check past purchases?

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Can you manually check for updates in the store at all? And when does it check for them? Because Sometimes I know there has been an update out but its not there till some random time. If i could at least work out its behaviour that would be easier to live with. Also is there any way to check past app purchases and re-download them? I know you can re-download without being charged if you find it in the store but yeah a list of purchases would be nice.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
You can manually check for an update by just going to an app in the store and where install would have been there will be and update button. I don't know how or when the phone specifically checks for app updates. You can also go to windowsphone.com and log in with your Microsoft account to see your app history, and lick off a reinstall right from there.
Edit: Once you've logged in hover over you name and it will be in the middle of the list "Purchase History" even though it says purchase history it also shows free apps

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You need to be sure that you always have a data connection while your phone is sleeping to ensure that you get app updates. My phone typically gets updates between 12-1am, but that may vary by time zone and/or the servers your particular phone is hitting. There are glitches occasionally and an expected app might not update for a day or two, but it eventually will show up. Of course, as noted above, you can always search for the specific app in the Marketplace and update manually.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos