How to send video clip via bluetooth?

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've copied some video clips to my Lumia 620 (some videos to phone, and some to SD).

Today I wanted to send one of them to my friend via bluetooth. But I couldn't find a way to do that. in XBox video, there is share for musics, but it isn't available for videos.

I can send videos that taken by phone's camera in Photos app, but Photos doesn't show clips that I copied from my computer.

So, how can I send video clips via bluetooth?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If you copied a video from PC to phone, then try to share via Bluetooth, it should be where you already said. That copied video should be either in your pictures hub or under music and video. You should just be able to hit "share" and select Bluetooth. Bluetooth has to be on in order to see it in the "share" option.

mixa8x

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think that it is not possible.....I 've also copied some avi file from pc to my phone, but I can not send it via BT....
I think that Microsoft has a lot more work with WP8......

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
If you copied a video from PC to phone, then try to share via Bluetooth, it should be where you already said. That copied video should be either in your pictures hub or under music and video. You should just be able to hit "share" and select Bluetooth. Bluetooth has to be on in order to see it in the "share" option.

If I copy my videos to "Pictures" folder, then they appear in Photos app, and I'm able to send it.
BUT if I copy my videos to "Videos" folder, they appear in Music and Video app, and there is no share/send option there.

Can anyone confirm this?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If I copy my videos to "Pictures" folder, then they appear in Photos app, and I'm able to send it.
BUT if I copy my videos to "Videos" folder, they appear in Music and Video app, and there is no share/send option there.

Can anyone confirm this?

I transferred a video to the video hub and you cannot share from there. But if your only trying to share videos you always have the option of uploading to SkyDrive and sending a link to whoever wants to see it.

Ajay Chandran

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes its possible to send videos via Bluetooth if u put it in the pictures folder. just make another folder called videos in the pictures folder and ur ready to share

pavan shinde

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
the default storage place for any videos shot by your lumia is the camera roll in "photos", hard press on the video and you are ready to share
but if you transfer a video from PC to device , we shd make sure we place the video in this folder or create a new folder in photos, which is quite annoying coz other devices like samsung you do not have to do so much juggling around :-(

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Sir how to send video clip via bluetooth

If you put the clips on "Videos" folder, then it's not possible (yet?)

But, the solution is: Create a folder called "My Videos" (or something else) inside "Pictures" folder, then copy your clips there. You can also create subfolders there.

Then go to "Photos" app in the phone, tap "albums", then tap "My Videos". Here you can see your clips (with subfolders, if any). Also you can send those files by tap&holding on the clip, then tapping "share". (bluetooth must be turned on before this)

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
If you put the clips on "Videos" folder, then it's not possible (yet?)

But, the solution is: Create a folder called "My Videos" (or something else) inside "Pictures" folder, then copy your clips there. You can also create subfolders there.

Then go to "Photos" app in the phone, tap "albums", then tap "My Videos". Here you can see your clips (with subfolders, if any). Also you can send those files by tap&holding on the clip, then tapping "share". (bluetooth must be turned on before this)

That's most idiotic implementation I've ever seen. Even when you receive any video file via BT, you can't see it in Music+Videos hub. It would be in your photo hub. Wtf is this ?? Oh wait, who the f uses BT nowadays......

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Brijendra sharma

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys,

We can not send a video via bluetooth.
Its very cheap OS which I have seen ever.
Symbians are much better than Windows Phone OS.
It ie mentioned in Support guide that we can not send a video, It is possible only via NFC.:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Paari Boomibalagan

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

dacharya46

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a video in Pictures folder shared via bluetooth but i can only watch it. I can not listen also der is no option for creating folder or copy to other folder

Last edited:

Dr_SogaBan

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Can anyone confirm this?

I confirm this! This is the only way you can actually "send" video from a windows phone 8 device.

You can send Videos via Bluetooth in Windows Phone 8 devices. Do the following steps.
1. Connect the phone via USB to PC.
2. In Phone memory or SD Card, create a folder inside "Saved Pictures" named "Videos".
3. Paste your videos inside that folder.
4. Disconnect the device from the PC.
5. Switch on your Bluetooth.
6. Go to that folder, tap and hold the video you want to share, Choose share>Bluetooth.

There is one more quirk. Videos saved in "Saved Pictures" folder like this can also be password protected (using any free apps on the App-store). You can use one of these three apps: 3 Best Apps to Lock and Protect Photos on Windows Phone 8

*Saved Pictures" might be located inside a folder named "Picture" or "Photos".

Please don't post unnecessarily against Windows Phones. If you don't know how to use it please learn it.

Last edited:

Dr_SogaBan

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Download pocket file manager which have full acess to ad card and you can send every type of file you want

Another good solution, in case you are ready to "pay", that is.
Thanks Mike13ftw!

While this application gives you an insight of phone memory as well; surprisingly, it doesn't show the "Ringtones" folder in the phone memory! I wonder why!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05