Portico Update UK

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Got my new 820 the other day (apologies if this is the wrong forum) which I'm liking so far.

After reading around I'm seeing mention of a Portico update. Can anyone confirm if this has been rolled out to the UK 820's and whether they are carrier dependant or Microsoft/Nokia distributed?

I've contacted T-mobile my carrier but have heard nothing as of yet.

Cheers,

Rob

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Portico has been rolling out and should effectively complete the roll out by end of March in the UK. Check for OTA updates in settings on your phone (use WiFi). Also, yes wrong forum - 820 forum would have users who use that phone. I use 920 but am everywhere on WPC :p

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Cheers will keep checking. Was 50/50 on which forum to post it in but figured this one would be better for OS/update questions.

Pity Microsoft haven't chosen to copy the iOS mode of updates. Its the main reason i have no interest in Android with its super fragmented updates being dependant on oem and carriers. Hopefully T-mobile UK wont feel the need to make us wait.
Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_310 using Board Express

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am on O2 UK (820) with a 3UK sim card inside, and I got the portico update in the last wave of updates a few weeks ago...

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I've just had some contact back from T-mobile UK and...

"We can only advise on updates once they've been confirmed and released on the network"

So basically watch this space. Will definitely be disappointed if they fail to deliver soon.

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Well that surprises me if true, surely they'd both be updated at the same time at the least.
Just looking at the Extras+info area of the phone and it lists my Mobile Operator Name as ORG-GB yet I'm on T-mobile as said previously, so who knows what's going on!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well that surprises me if true, surely they'd both be updated at the same time at the least.
Just looking at the Extras+info area of the phone and it lists my Mobile Operator Name as ORG-GB yet I'm on T-mobile as said previously, so who knows what's going on!

I have 2 Lumia 920s both on Orange, running Portico since about 3 weeks I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05