Copy / Paste

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Tap on URL, drag the highlighted cursor left, then right until you have got the whole URL.

OR

Double tap URL, it will select all

After either of the above, a note pad in a small circle appears on top of selected text, tap on it. URL is copied on clipboard. Paste away.

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It just reminds me the time when there was no copy/paste on WP7 and everybody was kicking MS everywhere. It was really frustrating time but we stick to it due to the beautiful Metro UI

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It just reminds me the time when there was no copy/paste on WP7 and everybody was kicking MS everywhere. It was really frustrating time but we stick to it due to the beautiful Metro UI

I feel it! Can't believe we made it through that and there are peeps who can't freaking make it without Instagram!

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol, there are probably some that can't go to the bathroom without an app helping them.

i mean it should be there. i don't personally use it, but how can you compete with the other 2 top dogs if you're already lacking certain apps? as i always say, it's better to have the option and the let the user choose then force it one way or another.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
i mean it should be there. i don't personally use it, but how can you compete with the other 2 top dogs if you're already lacking certain apps? as i always say, it's better to have the option and the let the user choose then force it one way or another.

I think we should have even apps that remind us we have 4 sheetz left on the toilet roll in the house! But since we are deviating from the topic, why do we think Microsoft should release an OS with all these apps already on it? Microsoft has given a gem of an OS in WP8 now its up to Instagram or any big apps that you want, to see the potential and make an app. They won't just make an app straight away. They don't see the potential, even Microsoft doesn't. So its all fair and square. Simple point, if anyone is fixated on "need" of an app or two, this isn't the platform for them. This is for those who feel the love without copy paste, without YouTube app, without PDF reader, with broken Music player and without Instagram, cherishing it with non fluttering faith for the future.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
We got copy and paste, but why can't I paste a phone number in the dialer? That's the next evolution of Windows Phone 9?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I think we should have even apps that remind us we have 4 sheetz left on the toilet roll in the house! But since we are deviating from the topic, why do we think Microsoft should release an OS with all these apps already on it? Microsoft has given a gem of an OS in WP8 now its up to Instagram or any big apps that you want, to see the potential and make an app. They won't just make an app straight away. They don't see the potential, even Microsoft doesn't. So its all fair and square. Simple point, if anyone is fixated on "need" of an app or two, this isn't the platform for them. This is for those who feel the love without copy paste, without YouTube app, without PDF reader, with broken Music player and without Instagram, cherishing it with non fluttering faith for the future.

i think you're being serious, right? if you are, that most be up there with one of the most ignorant things i've ever read. i'll give you a simple analogy. if you have a 1990 bmw, do you still compare it to the 2013 version? of course not, because it's lacking in a few/a lot of areas. you have to except the faults, i agree there. the difference is to not stay stagnant, and try changing the faults so they're gone. according to your logic don't use WP8 use WP7. i can't even fathom to think what you were thinking. why does microsoft release all these updates? oooo it's to make the OS worst so we can "feel the love without copy paste, without YouTube app, without PDF reader, with broken Music player and without Instagram, cherishing it with non fluttering faith for the future." and further faults. jokes haha

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
i think you're being serious, right? if you are, that most be up there with one of the most ignorant things i've ever read. i'll give you a simple analogy. if you have a 1990 bmw, do you still compare it to the 2013 version? of course not, because it's lacking in a few/a lot of areas. you have to except the faults, i agree there. the difference is to not stay stagnant, and try changing the faults so they're gone. according to your logic don't use WP8 use WP7. i can't even fathom to think what you were thinking. why does microsoft release all these updates? oooo it's to make the OS worst so we can "feel the love without copy paste, without YouTube app, without PDF reader, with broken Music player and without Instagram, cherishing it with non fluttering faith for the future." and further faults. jokes haha

Nope, you took it completely out of context. Not a word I wrote suggests that, unless you read it without context.

What I said is - if you are someone whose smartphone life depends on presence of absence of an app, this platform isn't for you. Apps will come slower than any other platform for a long period of time.

All Microsoft will do is - make OS. Develop it, enhance it, integrate it into the ecosystem.

If you don't see apps here, it's nothing to do with Microsoft and it's utterly unfair to expect Microsoft to hurl money at developers so that you can put filters on your photos. I rather have Microsoft waste that money on refining the OS.

However, WP is for those of us who can withstand the fact that it's slow growing OS, it comes with it's faults that will eventually get addressed but since we've had faith in the OS and Microsoft, we know, things can only get better.

So according to none of my logics in that post or this one, I want anyone to use WP7. I rather want people to move much quickly to WP8 than we are seeing right now. That will bring in more apps for WP8 than it is bringing right now. Where you got that whole BMW analogy, I have no idea!

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope, you took it completely out of context. Not a word I wrote suggests that, unless you read it without context.

What I said is - if you are someone whose smartphone life depends on presence of absence of an app, this platform isn't for you. Apps will come slower than any other platform for a long period of time.

All Microsoft will do is - make OS. Develop it, enhance it, integrate it into the ecosystem.

If you don't see apps here, it's nothing to do with Microsoft and it's utterly unfair to expect Microsoft to hurl money at developers so that you can put filters on your photos. I rather have Microsoft waste that money on refining the OS.

However, WP is for those of us who can withstand the fact that it's slow growing OS, it comes with it's faults that will eventually get addressed but since we've had faith in the OS and Microsoft, we know, things can only get better.

So according to none of my logics in that post or this one, I want anyone to use WP7. I rather want people to move much quickly to WP8 than we are seeing right now. That will bring in more apps for WP8 than it is bringing right now. Where you got that whole BMW analogy, I have no idea!

where are these vague facts coming from? the windows app store is the fastest growing (hit the same markers that iOS and android). i agree that microsoft has to find another solution. throwing money at the problem can't be the only answer. i do believe microsoft should leverage their software assets a little better, but i mean what do i know, right? a multi billion dollar company, with tons of resources and tons of staff know a lot more than me. i think microsoft will start advancing a lot more. i mean wp8 was a big change. they managed to change the whole kernel in a year and some months. i mean that's amazing. i thought you were saying something a long the lines of 'treasure it even if its faulty' haha.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
^^ No I mean treasure it knowing it has faults that will be fixed eventually. I've been with WP since Nov 2010. It was barebones beauty. Its come a long way since then. Like todays' WPC newfeed. Amazing games coming along at a steady pace. What more do we need than patience? ;)

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
^^ No I mean treasure it knowing it has faults that will be fixed eventually. I've been with WP since Nov 2010. It was barebones beauty. Its come a long way since then. Like todays' WPC newfeed. Amazing games coming along at a steady pace. What more do we need than patience? ;)

hahaha completely agree. now only if my baby (920) comes back from nokia service and i can find a suitable carrier beside AT&T i'll be in haven haha. i guess you guys have stuck it out through thick and thin;). i did the same with blackberry but not anymore haha.WP for the win :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2