Will compass reading ever be part of photo EXIF data?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I think adding a compass direction in the EXIF data can be a little tricky and false most of the times as it might give false reading if you don't do the infinity 8wave thing.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest talking to a developer to include such a feature in the future. like (RiseUpGames) the developer of the amazing ProShot lens, he's very active in this forums (search the Lumia920 forum to find him.)

richsmith61

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I understand that occasionally the "8wave thing" (I like the way you describe it) needs to be done, but if the Windows Phone compass is false MOST of the time, then that needs to be fixed. Inexcusable! iPhones already include compass in EXIF, and in my experience it is usually accurate when you consider the phones field of view.

Also, I think this needs to be done to the native Windows Phone camera, without requiring an app.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't mean the compass wasn't capable of doing accurate readings , I just meant it opens the way for false readings , There's a feature requests section in Windowsphone.com (request a feature) you can add this to that list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb