All my Twitter contacts have vanished from my WP8 people hub

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to tweet a friend the other day direct from the people hub and I noticed her twitter account suddenly wasn't in her contact details. I've since noticed none of my Twitter contacts are available from the People Hub even when I've specifically selected them to show up.

I've checked on Outlook.com and the Twitter links are still there, they just aren't showing up on my phone. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it?

Thanks!

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Settings > email & accounts, you should see the Twitter account shown there. If it is then try the following:
1. Press and hold the Twitter account and choose the Sync option
2. If no joy, delete the Twitter account and then press and hold your Microsoft account and sync it - this should make the Twitter account reappear
3. If still no joy, delete the linked Twitter account in Outlook.com and then re-add it on the phone. This should also recreate it on Outlook.com

If the Twitter account is not shown in email & accounts, then start from step 3.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
People hub > Settings > Filter my contact list > make sure twitter is checked

If you don't see twitter there, do as markfive suggested.

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys, deleting it from my Microsoft account and re-syncing it worked really well! :)

Oddly some of my friends' Twitter accounts are still missing. Even though they're linked in Outlook.com and on the Win8 People app it just won't show up (either as linked or as just the separate Twitter account) on my phone! A little annoying but hopefully something that will get fixed eventually. I'll just stick to the nice new Twitter app whenever I can.

Thanks again!

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Would you happen to have anyone else on a Windows Phone who is using your Live account login on theirs?

Just went on to my other WP and it seems to have just synced as normal so fi you update on one it'll update on the other. If you deleted your Twitter account on one phone without re-adding it the next time the other phone syncs Twitter will just vanish until one of the phones adds it in again.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just went on to my other WP and it seems to have just synced as normal so fi you update on one it'll update on the other. If you deleted your Twitter account on one phone without re-adding it the next time the other phone syncs Twitter will just vanish until one of the phones adds it in again.

Yeah, that's what I was going to mention.

weejoey85

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have an Htc 8x and i am unable to get my twitter contact in my people hub, i used to have them. I have done all the step you advise but still no joy any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon