Media issues - getting a movie to play

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

Can someone point in me in the right direction here? I have a lumia 822. I have movies. I want to put movies on my 822. I ripped the movies to *.m4v, they play fine on the computer. Today at work I wanted to put some of my ripped movies from my windows xp PC onto the phone but now its saying media type not supported when I use file explorer to move them. Had no problem using the windows phone software on the windows 8 PC to move 3 movies to the phone last night. Also, the 3 movies I did copy over last night, they play the video and the background music but not the voices of the actors but I can't verify if these were good rips or not, I never checked on the windows 8 PC, just ripped and transferred.

What am I doing wrong when I have the phone connected to XP since its not allowing me to copy the files? I can see the phone and its phones in file explorer but just can't copy them.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I had to convert some of my movies, to get them to play. There is a program called Xilisoft Video Converter, which has a pre-defined Windows Mobile wmv profile, which works well. Good luck.

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Turns out I did have some bad ripped dvds on the win8 pc. Ripping the dvd again to see if it works any better. For some odd reason the first time it didn't play the voices or they were just really low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs