Real Life Siri vs Microsoft TellMe

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So this was posted today on how to use Siri to get it to play a song:
Ask Siri to Play Artists on Spotify, No Jailbreak Required

Short-version: (1) Make a Spotify contact, (2) Send a text message to Spotify via Siri and speak the "Artist Name," (3) Wait for a reply text with a link to the Artist from Spotify, (4) Press the link.

WTF???????????? This is an actual suggestion!?!?!????

And all the pundits keep raving about how AWESUUUUUM Siri is compared to Windows Phone TellMe.

In WP8, all you have to do it install the Hey DJ app, long-press the Windows Key and say "Hey DJ, Play Let's Have a Kiki."

Please.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This is a bit off topic, but true. Technically, if apple wanted to, they could port Full siri to WP8, using its APIs. Just shows how open WP8 is getting, without compromising security.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
On my Lumia 920 if I activate speech and say 'please remind me to pick up my laundry in 2 hours', will it automatically create a reminder? No. However it will on the iPhone thanks to Siri. So yeah, rather than taking the one scenario where TellMe is superior to make Siri sound like a gimmick is quiet ******-ish in my opinion. I had an iPhone for over a year and Siri was extremely useful for these small things.

DJWhiteSquall

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920, and when I activate speech, I say "Call Wife Mobile" and tell her to go pick up the laundry in two hours. That's how I roll.

Granted, I'd probably piss my pants in fear if I accidentally called her "Siri".

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920, and when I activate speech, I say "Call Wife Mobile" and tell her to go pick up the laundry in two hours. That's how I roll.

Granted, I'd probably piss my pants in fear if I accidentally called her "Siri".
Oh do go ahead with that. I'm sure next time you'll be asking your phone for a reminder :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes