So Google said they are shutting down google reader

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, here's the link.

Hope Microsoft steps in. This would be a great feature to add to outlook.com, that could then sync across any number of devices.

PSRBF6

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Time for microsoft to make their own one. Mail, People, Calendar, SkyDrive, and now... READER!!! Haha, maybe. Lets hope so.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This is horrible, I use Nextgen Reader everyday! What other RSS readers does WP8 have that can work without being linked to Google Reader?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My guess is that Nextgen (and Wonder Reader, and any number of other Google Reader app developers) will all end up removing the Google Reader part and instead implement bog-standard RSS support.

It still sucks though; RSS doesn't give me the option to keep up to date and synced across multiple devices.

jkercado

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Daily NextGen Reader user here. "Pissed" doesn't even describe how I feel about Google right now. I betcha they're gonna push a similar service into damned Google+.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Fuuuuuuck

I requested from the dev of RSS Central that he make his 8RT and WP clients sync unread counts using azure or SkyDrive, and he has started working on it!

So as long as you have windows 8, using his client could replace google reader.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
i had been using weave, but i hated that if you had to reinstall for whatever reason, that you had to set up all your feeds again.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Reader is the one Google app that I really can't do without. There's nothing else like it. Really disappointed right now :(

I guess I'll have to check some of these alternate RSS readers.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Google Reader is the only Google service I use. Its really depressing to see it go, as like many, I like to sync my feeds across multiple platforms.

Hopefully someone comes up with a good alternative.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Noooooo!!! :(

Same for me, only google service I use an I actually can't find any alternative for syncing feeds :(

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This fraking sucks. It's the one service I use most often on my phones. Is there a cross-platform alternative? I don't like Pulse because it doesn't keep track of what I've read.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_249 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss