Can't install game due to storage limit

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My Lumia 810 is giving me an error message when I'm trying to install Real Soccer 2013. This game is 809MB according to WP Store. The message is this:
You've reached the storage limit on your phone. Go free up some space, then try again.

I checked the amount of storage space I have on my phone: SETTINGS -> phone storage. It says 5.16GB used of 7.41GB. Here's the detail breakdown:
  • Music+video: 51MB
  • Pictures: 48MB
  • Apps: 602MB
  • Other: 2.6GB
  • System: 1.9GB
  • Free space 2.25GB

So it seems like I should have plenty of space to install a 809MB game since I have 2.25GB available.

Help....

Thanks.

-darthhen

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I powered down the phone and did a battery pull. Still can't install, with the same message. Thanks for the tip though.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry, you are not alone. There are numerous posts about this exact same issue.

You can try going to www.windowsphone.com and "purchase" the game that way. It might require less storage space. Some say it works. There is also an app that some state helps reduce the storage of the "Other" categeory called Shrink Storage.

You do need at least 3X's the storage space on the phone to install an app from the marketplace.

Shrink Storage | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Real Soccer 2013 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

ruthietootie

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This was happening to me when I tried to install asphalt 7. I was able to install the game manually from windowsphone.com (👍to those that recommended this)

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Squatting Hen,

Thanks for the tip.

I ran Shrink Storage and got about 4GB back. Then I just installed Real Soccer from the phone store.

-darthhen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte