Dialing contact without areacode does not add name to history

wp2000

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello:

I tried searching but couldn't locate anything too easily on this topic. I have a contact in my phone as (410)999-9999 (dummy number). Whenever I call the number without the area code, my contact history does not show the person's name unless I type the area code in. IIRC, the reason I added the area code was because when they were calling before it didn't show in my contact history without the area code on an incoming call.

I appreciate any advice!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you're prone to dialing without area code, add two numbers for a contact: one with and one without an area code. That's the only way around it. Technically, the phone is seeing the number without an area code as something entirely different, even if it's your friend's number without an area code.

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i had an issue with 'rap dialer', it shows the call history in itself, but not in the normal dialer on the phone. you get 2 different independant call histories each to its own program. i have since un-installed rap dialer ( it only saved you one screen press anyway ) and have put on lightning dial and speed dialer. i prefer lightning dial as you can add the contacts photo as the background to the button. cant find a way to do that in speed dialer

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The phone can't safely assume you are calling that contact most likely. If you were in a different location it would call someone else entirely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss