Blu Products

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Why is Blu products not on board making Windows Phones? They are in the value for money business. They could be of good use because they are a new brand. A WP8 with decent specs could be provided by them for around $270.-, unlocked, off contract. Like a nice 4.5 inch device with 16Gb and microSD. With a 1.2mp front camera and a 8 or 13mp rear shooter. A LCD or Amoled HD display. They sell 4Mio phones per year, they could sell another 100'000 windows phone 8 devices per year, more over time as they grow. No danger for HTC, Nokia or Samsung, but one more WP8 maker. MS should consider giving them WP8 for free for 2 years.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Why is Blu products not on board making Windows Phones? They are in the value for money business. They could be of good use because they are a new brand. A WP8 with decent specs could be provided by them for around $270.-, unlocked, off contract. Like a nice 4.5 inch device with 16Gb and microSD. With a 1.2mp front camera and a 8 or 13mp rear shooter. A LCD or Amoled HD display. They sell 4Mio phones per year, they could sell another 100'000 windows phone 8 devices per year, more over time as they grow. No danger for HTC, Nokia or Samsung, but one more WP8 maker. MS should consider giving them WP8 for free for 2 years.

licensing probably cost money (i've read as high as $15/phone). if that's the case then they might just want to go android because it's free.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
licensing probably cost money (i've read as high as $15/phone). if that's the case then they might just want to go android because it's free.

Android is free true. But having google apps and google store is not. You pay google fees for that. Take any cheap chinese tablet and it does not have any kind of google apps or google store. So the ideea that android is free is such a lie. What would you do with an android phone but no access to market or the google stuff.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Android is free true. But having google apps and google store is not. You pay google fees for that. Take any cheap chinese tablet and it does not have any kind of google apps or google store. So the ideea that android is free is such a lie. What would you do with an android phone but no access to market or the google stuff.

amazon store? haha i don't know. as far as android goes, i hate when people say it's open source. only google has the right to the latest build (hence why companies are always a few versions behind).

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Android isn't free. Microsoft gets revenue for patent violations. $5 to $8 a device or more depending the screen size, market, and manufacturer

Microsoft's lucrative new revenue stream? Android. | Microsoft - CNET News#!

Those are patents don't like to pay for them do something else. But the problem remains that having google branding and apps on your phone costs. And people should know this and stop that android is free and is open source and anyone can use it. The ecosystem is not compose just from the OS but also the way you get your latests apps and that cloud integration provided by google on android.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
But the problem remains that having google branding and apps on your phone costs. And people should know this and stop that android is free and is open source and anyone can use it.

That is incorrect. Android is free, both the base OS and the core apps (And the Google branding). You do not have to pay Google anything. Google makes its money off of advertising, Play store etc.
Android is still not free of cost to most OEMs due to patent licensing costs but Google does not charge anything for the Google Apps

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
amazon store? haha i don't know. as far as android goes, i hate when people say it's open source. only google has the right to the latest build (hence why companies are always a few versions behind).

It is open source. You can download and see the OS. Sometimes, they take some time to release the code after they have announced a new version. But its certainly not the case that only Google has the right to the latest build. Also most of this has nothing to do with why companies are versions behind. That is almost entirely due to OEM apathy, financial reasons, carrier related delays and software customisation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro