Instgram windows phone 8

NetaYamin

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
So right now i have iPhone 4 and i really want to switch to windows phone 8 because it's way better from ios .
the only problem is that it's doesn't has instgram and it's one of my fevorite apps.
there is any way to upload pictures to instgram with windows phone 8?
and why it's taking so much time to develop this app for windows phone?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, there's no alternative now, but it's not because developing for Windows Phone takes long -- it doesn't.

Instagram is both an app and a set of services that are used by the app to exchange photos, comments, etc. Instagram (the company) has not allowed any other software developers to use the services. Because they've "sealed" the services, no one else can make a work-alike product. (Companies like Twitter and foursquare did make their services available to third parties -- that's why you can see lots of alternative apps along with the "official" foursquare and Twitter apps.)

If an app that really offers full Instagram functionality is to come to Windows Phone, it will have to come from Instagram (the company). It took that company a long time to decide to make an Android app just as it's taking them a long time to device to release a Windows Phone app. Nokia is trying to build some market pressure on the company by releasing an app that posts pictures to other social sites with a special tag that lets Instagram know that WP users want their app.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You are one of many (many!) that are hoping for Instagram for WP8. It's a great app, a lot of fun, and essential to a lot of people to stay connected to friends. It's arguably the most glaring missing ingredient in the WP8 app selection. I don't think anyone can really answer the question of why it's taking so long to develop the app for WP8. However, I have to imagine it's only a matter of time.

There's no doubt that Microsoft and Nokia are quite aware of the desire for WP8 Instagram. In fact, as pointed out above, Nokia launched an app called #2InstaWithLove that allows people to snap photos, apply a vintage-filter, and then post to social media sites w/ the hashtag automatically attached. (Do a Twitter hashtag search, for e.g., you'll see some cool photos.) This is supposed to illustrate to the "players" involved how much passion for Instagram there is among the Windows Phone customer base.

All I can say is, if you need a new phone at this very moment, and Instagram is a deal-breaker, then I'm afraid you're out of luck. Furthermore the rumor mill is very quiet. I've heard one mention of May as a possibility, but there's no substantiation from anyone.

However, if you can hold out a little longer, I think you are definitely on the right track with WP8, and you will find it's worth the wait. It's a really enjoyable OS with really nice handsets, too. Spend a little time on the Microsoft Windows Phone site and check out the apps. There are some great apps that no one really talks about. Awesome games, productivity tools, art apps, etc.

As a final side-note, if you enjoy photography, WP8 is a wonderful OS. Many of the phones have terrific cameras, and there are some fantastic photos apps available. Filters, editing, panoramas, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss