Sending picture messages

ryan andrews

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Having trouble sending picture messages :(

-My wifi is turned on and connected to my house internet
-My data connection is also turned on (side question -- When I see the letters LTE next to the data signal, what does that mean?)
-I do not have battery saver on.

Can anyone think of a reason as to why my pictures won't send? I've tried going into the camera roll and 'sharing' it...and ive also tried going into the message thread with my friend clicking 'attachments' and adding it that way. Neither way works :( help!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What carrier do you have?

What carrier and device do your friends have?

Does this happen with all picture messages, or does it only happen with some of them? If it only happens with some, which carrier/device are your friends using?

ryan andrews

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Nokia Lumia 822 and I'm on verizon.

I ended up turning off and then turning on the phone and the messages started sending again. This is the first and hopefully the last time that it happens. Thanks for checking in dudes

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
My wife has that happen on her Arrive every now and then. What gets it working for her is to go to settings, then cellular, turn data connection off then back on again. Then she can send and receive pictures.

mtbpebble

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I came across this thread as I've just had a similar issue. And I believe the solution is to turn your wifi off and make sure only your mobile data is turned on.
When I did this I managed to send a picture message to my Mum. It wouldn't send when the data was turned off (wifi and mobile data off) and it wouldn't send when only wifi was turned on. It sent when just mobile data was turned on. (when you have wifi and mobile data both on the phone will automatically use wifi instead of mobile data I believe). Just thought this might help others experiencing similar problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs