Live Tiles stopped working WP8 - Lumia920

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, since over a week now all my live tiles, except the system tiles (like mail, msg or calls) completely stopped working. 627, amazing weather, skype, Battery level, TV show... none of them works.
Anyone has any tips? I tried soft resetting (pressing volume buttons+ camera+power) until it shuts itself down, normal shutdown. Still dead. Also, lockscreen does not update either.

Pretty sad that one of the main selling points of WP8 and it feels so broken and unreliable.

Thanks in advance

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This problem had plagued me for the past several weeks. Luckily, it seems to have vanished over the past few days. During the time I faced this issue, I tried a couple of things that helped fix the issue, albeit temporarily. One of them was to unpin the problematic tile, clear IE10 cache, soft reset and re-pin the tile back. If that didn't do the trick for me, the second method almost always did, which was similar to the above steps, only difference being uninstalling and re-installing the problematic app rather than simply unpinning and re-pinning its live tile.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I only have dead tiles, after a soft reset. Then I'll do a normal restart, and they're working again. But it seems like you've already tried that.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What does it do?

Well, in any case I caved in and doing a hard reset. cog wheels spinning for over half an hour. too bad I had to do it, but i'd rather have a fully functional product and slowly build up my apps. If it happens again, I give back the phone and switch to something else.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 920 was on the spinning cogs screen for 5 F*****G HOURS. What a joke. at least it's coming to life now. now fingers crossed that the issue is solved.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that hard resetting solved the problem. Live tiles are working back again. Restoring was not too bad, SMS were all back, email accounts, calendars etc. Also, 50% of the apps redownloaded fine, the only annoyance was that the remaining 50% was stuck at "downloading app - pending" had to cancel them and go to windowsphone.com where you can see a list of downloaded apps and re-download. not absolutely simple, but not too bad as I expected.
But still, 5hours to hard-reset, plus some annoyance redownloading some apps, and losing all settings from apps, save games etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon