01-24-2016 12:05 PM
222 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Hey!

I have seen your post. I am from denmark and I have not taken data carrier from my phone company because I usually operate with Wifi almost everywhere. I have got my nokia lumia 820 las week and the problem with notifications is driving me crazy... I cannot also receive any viber phone call since last viber update (yesterday 10/7).

Could you test if it is really a problem of using wifi and not data carrier? I have also ask this to the support center .. waiting for an answer.
    In addition I have seen that nokia drive or (Here+) is not working in my phone.. it says it is not available in my country ... strange..
    07-11-2013 04:48 AM
    Hey!

I have seen your post. I am from denmark and I have not taken data carrier from my phone company because I usually operate with Wifi almost everywhere. I have got my nokia lumia 820 las week and the problem with notifications is driving me crazy... I cannot also receive any viber phone call since last viber update (yesterday 10/7).

Could you test if it is really a problem of using wifi and not data carrier? I have also ask this to the support center .. waiting for an answer.
    In addition I have seen that nokia drive or (Here+) is not working in my phone.. it says it is not available in my country ... strange..
    It is definitely nnot network specific, this error applies for wifi/ data equally.

HERE applications are region locked and carrier locked in some situations so it might just be a case of they aren't available on your carrier. Im not sure how you find out for certain though, sorry.
    07-11-2013 11:20 AM
    Well, good to know it's not just me and my phone. But still, what the heck is going on with MS since I don't get notifications from kik, whatsapp, integrated facebook chat, facebook nor Instance!? Hope the gdr2 will help with this. Or at least gdr3..
    07-11-2013 11:32 AM
    This is my conversation with Microsoft.

You: Since some time I don't get my push notifications properly (Whatsapp, Viber). Many people are complaining about this. What is being done about it?
    Derek B.: Yes, currently there is a known issue with the notifications with WhatsApp. Currently or Engineer team is working with the developers to resolve the issue, but I have not been informed of a timeline for the resolution of this issue.
    Derek B.: I would expect it to be sooner then later with the growing concern.
    You: It's not only on Whatsapp, also Viber.
    You: Do you know about that too?
    Derek B.: Yes, this issue is currently known with Viber as well.
    paddylaz likes this.
    07-11-2013 12:43 PM

You: Since some time I don't get my push notifications properly (Whatsapp, Viber). Many people are complaining about this. What is being done about it?
    Derek B.: Yes, currently there is a known issue with the notifications with WhatsApp. Currently or Engineer team is working with the developers to resolve the issue, but I have not been informed of a timeline for the resolution of this issue.
    Thanks for sharing. Yeah this really needs to be sorted ASAP. Have actually uninstalled whatsapp and asked everyone on it to contact me using sms instead as I just don't trust it to notify me in time (or at all....). I use whatsapp 8/10 compared to sms these days so it's a big big deal.
    07-11-2013 01:08 PM
    Hey i am having d same problem with fb nd whatsapp ...i just bought a lumia 720....did reinstall software at nokia care also....but nothing helped....cn nyone plz tel wen dis issue wil be solved.....i m highly irritated by this sh##!!!
    07-11-2013 02:37 PM
    I'm also having these problems. They either don't come through or they come through hours later.
    07-11-2013 05:10 PM
    I never get notifications from Facebook. It's pretty terrible.
    07-11-2013 05:24 PM
    Don't know about you guys (I never use FBchat or Viber anymore), but my Whatsapp notifications are working fine today.
    07-12-2013 05:12 AM
    Don't know about you guys (I never use FBchat or Viber anymore), but my Whatsapp notifications are working fine today.
    Yeah I can second this. Woke up this morning and started experimenting as I had heard something had been fixed. Sure enough notifications are working perfectly for me now and receiving them without delay after having been sent.
    07-12-2013 05:21 AM
    This is promising, I'll check it out in a bit. Last night was the absolute worst it's been for me with multiple repeated notifications. It was at the point where I just wanted to switch my phone off.
    ttsoldier likes this.
    07-12-2013 05:22 AM
    After a copule of notifications-less days it's all back to normal today! Let's hope MS have fixed this once and for all this time. WP usage numbers go up by the day and I can only imagine the amount of returned lumia 1020s because of "whatsapp won't work!"
    07-12-2013 06:57 AM
    After a copule of notifications-less days it's all back to normal today! Let's hope MS have fixed this once and for all this time. WP usage numbers go up by the day and I can only imagine the amount of returned lumia 1020s because of "whatsapp won't work!"
    is this specifically whatsapp or are you seeing notifications across a range of apps, i think whatsapp was the main issue? Everything else was sorta user specific.
    07-12-2013 07:00 AM
    is this specifically whatsapp or are you seeing notifications across a range of apps, i think whatsapp was the main issue? Everything else was sorta user specific.
    Well, I referred to whatsapp because it is easier to explain a particular application stopped receiving notifications rather than going into much technical details which could confuse regular users. I believe fixing it for one app fixes it for all. I'm 100% sure notifications stop working for all apps because of MS's notifications backend infrastructure going down. I've done some WP development in the past and I can tell you that when notifications backend goes down even MS WP SDK code samples are unable to obtain "notification channel" (btw you can find many developer threads on msd complaining about that, still no official statement...). That's why I'm so pissed MS keeps silent! They could simply add the notification's infrastructure status tracking to status.live.com or even posting status on twitter. Besides, when a particular app stops receiving notifications users start bashing app's developers whereas they should be angry at MS instead.
    07-12-2013 07:22 AM
    I solved different way:
    -Turn off location servises
    -Turn off "find my phone"
    restart your phone. And it works :)
    07-12-2013 11:08 AM
    SO, what is the conclusion??
    Is there any estimates from MS on when this will be fixed?
    My experience is as follows. Skype: everything works. Viber, Facebook, Voxer - nothing works, I keep missing calls and messages, which renders these apps effectively useless.
    07-17-2013 11:53 PM
    SO, what is the conclusion??
    Is there any estimates from MS on when this will be fixed?
    My experience is as follows. Skype: everything works. Viber, Facebook, Voxer - nothing works, I keep missing calls and messages, which renders these apps effectively useless.
    Viber and Voxer are 3rd-party apps, not something created or developed by Microsoft. It isn't Microsoft's fault if those apps do not work.
    07-17-2013 11:58 PM
    Viber and Voxer are 3rd-party apps, not something created or developed by Microsoft. It isn't Microsoft's fault if those apps do not work.
    Did you even bother to read this topic before answering?

07-18-2013 12:02 AM
    Yes, I read it. It still does not imply it's Microsoft's fault.

I do not use Viber or Voxer, but I've used WhatsApp for over a year and never had any of the problems that people mention.
    07-18-2013 12:09 AM
    Turn on location services and Find my phone,then restart your phone.

It works for me :)
    07-18-2013 03:24 AM
    But Whatsapp update prove that Microsoft have nothing to do with notification problem. Microsoft only helped Whatsapp INC to fix their bugs and bad codes.
    07-18-2013 07:59 AM
    Microsoft only helped Whatsapp INC to fix their bugs and bad codes.
    Do you have a reliable source from MS or Whatsapp dev that told you so? or just speculating? Why doesn't Google nor Apple need to help 3rd party dev with their OS'es, and these apps still work? Is WP so much harder to master for developers then other phone operating systems?

sorry, but I just dont understand how these blend together:
    I've used WhatsApp for over a year and never had any of the problems that people mention.
    Derek B.: Yes, currently there is a known issue with the notifications with WhatsApp. Currently or Engineer team is working with the developers to resolve the issue.
    sudhisoma likes this.
    07-18-2013 01:06 PM
    Do you have a reliable source from MS or Whatsapp dev that told you so? or just speculating? Why doesn't Google nor Apple need to help 3rd party dev with their OS'es, and these apps still work? Is WP so much harder to master for developers then other phone operating systems?

sorry, but I just dont understand how these blend together:
    WP is different, not harder. And new too.

Sneak Peek: WhatsApp for Windows Phone getting new background agent, more in upcoming release | Windows Phone Central
    07-18-2013 01:22 PM
    WP is different, not harder. And new too.
    New, yeah.
    It's almost a year in production. And will be discontinued next year ) and then what? we will face a brand new and different system, where nothing can be done without direct MS intervention?
    (not complaining, just tired to see all that apologetical stuff about how "everything works for me" and "MS is not guilty, that's all stupid 3rdpaties/users/bad hardware pieces" b-sht)
    07-19-2013 01:25 PM
    I agree that if that's the 1GB requirement problem then it's 3rd party's fault. But this's Notification issue which's rely on OS's main feature, and I think this's OS issue.

And not just 3rd party apps (Viber or Whatsapp...) But Microsoft's Facebook as well! I don't know why but current month, the FB notifications that's sent to my phone's delay by 4-5 notifications (instead of giving me latest one, it gave me the last 3rd-4th notification)
    07-19-2013 01:31 PM
222 ... 45678 ...