Push notifications not working!!!

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, everything is back to normal, at least for me. I am receiving notifications for all my apps, and also receiving calls from skype....

Don't know what happened, but I'm glad everything is ok now :D

qwerty_dh

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue (delayed notifications, repeated notifications, not arriving) on my HTC 8X too since yesterday. So it's not a Nokia problem. I think is server related

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
definately server related.. I have 2 nokia lumia 920 n just got my 620 yesterday n power it up and notifcation is not working on all devices.. also tweet windowsphone support and they are not responding.. looks like its push notification server overload haha

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have manage to contact MS windowsphone 8 support team.. they say no one reported this issue at all so they are not aware of it and they will be checking the issue now to see if it is server related or what is causing the problem.

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
woohooo i just check .. push notification is working again.. test on LINE.. you all might want to check to see if it is working.. if not a reboot might be good

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be a backend issue with the notification servers. I tried sending notifications to myself with the Toasty API earlier and it didn't work, now its working. Why are MS having so many issues with notifications? Anyone care to give some insight? Why are apples notifications so much more reliable?

haha apple also have problem with notification last time.. bing it and you will find tons of threads on that since 2008 to 2012 and only last year no more such thread

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
haha apple also have problem with notification last time.. bing it and you will find tons of threads on that since 2008 to 2012 and only last year no more such thread

My wife has an iPhone and I can't deny that her phone is much more reliable than my L920 when it comes to notifications. Same networks, same WiFi.
Saying so, my notifications seem to be back to normal.
Some quick debugging seems that my device was disconnected: "412 Precondition Failed" according to this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff941100(v=vs.105).aspx

Any backend devs care to give some insight?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon