Push notifications not working!!!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think most push notifications being routed by MS servers have been patchy since a week - wechat, whatsapp, kik and viber being some of those on my phone.

Sgele

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Topic number I dont know how much about this. I really hope MS will pick up soon and fixes these issues, its getting very frustrating and I only have wp8 for a week. (coming from Android). Love the Lumia, love the OS, but this is very annoying.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Topic number I dont know how much about this. I really hope MS will pick up soon and fixes these issues, its getting very frustrating and I only have wp8 for a week. (coming from Android). Love the Lumia, love the OS, but this is very annoying.

Same here, mate... 1 wekk of annoyance

mapoz

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

I have seen your post. I am from denmark and I have not taken data carrier from my phone company because I usually operate with Wifi almost everywhere. I have got my nokia lumia 820 las week and the problem with notifications is driving me crazy... I cannot also receive any viber phone call since last viber update (yesterday 10/7).

Could you test if it is really a problem of using wifi and not data carrier? I have also ask this to the support center .. waiting for an answer.
In addition I have seen that nokia drive or (Here+) is not working in my phone.. it says it is not available in my country ... strange..

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

I have seen your post. I am from denmark and I have not taken data carrier from my phone company because I usually operate with Wifi almost everywhere. I have got my nokia lumia 820 las week and the problem with notifications is driving me crazy... I cannot also receive any viber phone call since last viber update (yesterday 10/7).

Could you test if it is really a problem of using wifi and not data carrier? I have also ask this to the support center .. waiting for an answer.
In addition I have seen that nokia drive or (Here+) is not working in my phone.. it says it is not available in my country ... strange..

It is definitely nnot network specific, this error applies for wifi/ data equally.

HERE applications are region locked and carrier locked in some situations so it might just be a case of they aren't available on your carrier. Im not sure how you find out for certain though, sorry.

Moustache321

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, good to know it's not just me and my phone. But still, what the heck is going on with MS since I don't get notifications from kik, whatsapp, integrated facebook chat, facebook nor Instance!? Hope the gdr2 will help with this. Or at least gdr3..

Sander Schot

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
This is my conversation with Microsoft.

You: Since some time I don't get my push notifications properly (Whatsapp, Viber). Many people are complaining about this. What is being done about it?
Derek B.: Yes, currently there is a known issue with the notifications with WhatsApp. Currently or Engineer team is working with the developers to resolve the issue, but I have not been informed of a timeline for the resolution of this issue.
Derek B.: I would expect it to be sooner then later with the growing concern.
You: It's not only on Whatsapp, also Viber.
You: Do you know about that too?
Derek B.: Yes, this issue is currently known with Viber as well.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
This is my conversation with Microsoft.

You: Since some time I don't get my push notifications properly (Whatsapp, Viber). Many people are complaining about this. What is being done about it?
Derek B.: Yes, currently there is a known issue with the notifications with WhatsApp. Currently or Engineer team is working with the developers to resolve the issue, but I have not been informed of a timeline for the resolution of this issue.
Derek B.: I would expect it to be sooner then later with the growing concern.
You: It's not only on Whatsapp, also Viber.
You: Do you know about that too?
Derek B.: Yes, this issue is currently known with Viber as well.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah this really needs to be sorted ASAP. Have actually uninstalled whatsapp and asked everyone on it to contact me using sms instead as I just don't trust it to notify me in time (or at all....). I use whatsapp 8/10 compared to sms these days so it's a big big deal.

AMIT SINGHAL1

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey i am having d same problem with fb nd whatsapp ...i just bought a lumia 720....did reinstall software at nokia care also....but nothing helped....cn nyone plz tel wen dis issue wil be solved.....i m highly irritated by this sh##!!!

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about you guys (I never use FBchat or Viber anymore), but my Whatsapp notifications are working fine today.

Yeah I can second this. Woke up this morning and started experimenting as I had heard something had been fixed. Sure enough notifications are working perfectly for me now and receiving them without delay after having been sent.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about you guys (I never use FBchat or Viber anymore), but my Whatsapp notifications are working fine today.

This is promising, I'll check it out in a bit. Last night was the absolute worst it's been for me with multiple repeated notifications. It was at the point where I just wanted to switch my phone off.

prel

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
After a copule of notifications-less days it's all back to normal today! Let's hope MS have fixed this once and for all this time. WP usage numbers go up by the day and I can only imagine the amount of returned lumia 1020s because of "whatsapp won't work!"

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
After a copule of notifications-less days it's all back to normal today! Let's hope MS have fixed this once and for all this time. WP usage numbers go up by the day and I can only imagine the amount of returned lumia 1020s because of "whatsapp won't work!"

is this specifically whatsapp or are you seeing notifications across a range of apps, i think whatsapp was the main issue? Everything else was sorta user specific.

prel

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
is this specifically whatsapp or are you seeing notifications across a range of apps, i think whatsapp was the main issue? Everything else was sorta user specific.

Well, I referred to whatsapp because it is easier to explain a particular application stopped receiving notifications rather than going into much technical details which could confuse regular users. I believe fixing it for one app fixes it for all. I'm 100% sure notifications stop working for all apps because of MS's notifications backend infrastructure going down. I've done some WP development in the past and I can tell you that when notifications backend goes down even MS WP SDK code samples are unable to obtain "notification channel" (btw you can find many developer threads on msd complaining about that, still no official statement...). That's why I'm so pissed MS keeps silent! They could simply add the notification's infrastructure status tracking to status.live.com or even posting status on twitter. Besides, when a particular app stops receiving notifications users start bashing app's developers whereas they should be angry at MS instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss