Nokia Begging Instagram = Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffinthomas1

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Well in a way yes. But you should note that Nokia is doing this for millions of its customers who want instagram app. Well there are we who don't want it and there are some who want it and there are some who are neutral about it. So Nokia cannot please everyone.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
While in a way I think it's questionable for corporate credibility, but I think it's also positive for company image, coming close to it's customer's and sorta being the "good guy Nokia".

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I think it is cool that Nokia is trying to get what some users want (Instagram) while also providing an alternative (#2InstaWithLove). If a company does not wish to make an app for a platform that I prefer and choose, that is its choice. It is also my choice to say bleep'em and go with an alternative.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think Nokia at the Moment is doing so much for us and WP and thats good, OK maybe it looks poor that they are begging but if these App comes it will Help Nokia and WP8 alot i think!

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
If this doesn't work Microsoft and Nokia could turn their full attention into their own social Network and Instagram alternative. Microsoft already has a relatively unknown social network (Socl) which they can use and if you look at what happened to MySpace you can see how quickly people can switch. As Microsoft don't need to rely on profit for this they could offer each user a cut of the advertising revenue from their page visits as an incentive.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You just need to look at the windows phone suggestion forum to know this is the single most requested app on the platform. Nokia have undoubtedly approached them officially, and been unsuccessful, so what avenues are left?

Ever since day 1 of WP7, i've been saying, if you want an app, bug the developer via email/twitter/facebook/etc constantly, until they take the platform seriously. This is just Nokia taking it to the next level.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well it is kinda sad, but in the long run it could do wonders for Nokia's PR after instagram finally hits WP, as the people to brought it to the platform. And even of it doesn't, the public will know Nokia did everything they could, so in a way its a win-win for them.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I think Nokia at the Moment is doing so much for us and WP and thats good, OK maybe it looks poor that they are begging but if these App comes it will Help Nokia and WP8 alot i think!

I actually wonder how many Android and iPhone types are going to just rush over to Windows Phone because we have this one trendy app.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
You just need to look at the windows phone suggestion forum to know this is the single most requested app on the platform. Nokia have undoubtedly approached them officially, and been unsuccessful, so what avenues are left?

Ever since day 1 of WP7, i've been saying, if you want an app, bug the developer via email/twitter/facebook/etc constantly, until they take the platform seriously. This is just Nokia taking it to the next level.

I agree with you that USERS should go complain to the source. Instagram is fully aware of the vocal segment of our user base that wants them here. They don't seem to care, like Mint doesn't care and Waze doesn't care. I also think its funny that people complain to Microsoft and Nokia about this when the target should by Instagram. If a few thousand people Tweeted them at @instagram, every single day, they'd get the picture. Flooding their email support would help too.

This looks like one corp enticing its users to go on a campaign. Instagram can easily ignore the #ToInstaWithLove hash tag, by the way. I hope this is a marketing ploy as some have theorized. Then we can stop talking about it and move on to the important work if getting Microsoft to fix what is under their control. They need to open up some areas to developers like video, so apps can upload or attach videos from the library. This restriction is keeping us from having all the features of Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, WhatsApp, and even Skype.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Sad and desperate? **** no.

Only thing I see is a company that knows that it's users want Instagram, a company that tries to make tools available for them to express their request directly to Instagram in a more coordinated fashion. If you see this somehow demeaning, it's your problem. I find it inspiring that there's at least one WP manufacturer that is trying hard to bring a service to the platform that it's users want, even willing to humble themselves if it brings results.

I'm sure Nokia or Microsoft have approached Instagram also in a more direct fashion, but we have no idea what has been the result of those meetings. If #2InstaWithLove is something created due to unsuccessful negotiations, then fine. As long as they're trying. If it's just a marketing campaign that ends in release of an official Instagram app, I'm fine with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs