wp8 better than android developer-wise

paras chugh

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
since there is no jailbreak or sideloading cracked apps possible on wp8 why would developers prefer android which has more than half of its population using cracked apps.......if i would have been a dev i would be pissed off a lot on android and dev would make more money on wp
what do you guys think?

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking about this alot actually,i have a jailbroken iPad and have most of the paid i need for free,even though for some strange reason i always buy games/apps on my lumia...lol but still it feels good to buy the games i got free so its like actually giving credit to the developer who worked their ass off...so i guess its just matter of time before developers realise this and start making exclusive apps or something like that..

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that Android has "more than half of its population using cracked apps." I'd guess that most people don't know and don't care how to pirate apps. Chances are that if you're pirating an app you probably wouldn't be buying it anyway.

App discoverability (if that's a real word) is another issue that probably favors WP, but the much larger market share of Android means that for now there is the potential to make a lot more money on Android than on WP.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
but the much larger market share of Android means that for now there is the potential to make a lot more money on Android than on WP.

That's the true motive. It is much easier to make money writing crap apps for devices with over 50% of market share than writing quality apps for devices with only 3% of the market share. Besides, most apps that make decent money on Android are ad supported free apps. Paid apps don't do as well as on iOS devices.

WP app devs are a special breed. Basically they don't expect to make money from get go :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster