Windows Phone Calendar Live Tile Bug

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There's a bug with the WP calendar that I find rather annoying and I've been going round in circles with @WinPhoneSupport to try to get them to fix it (or even acknowledge it's a bug).

Try this:
- Create an event in your Calendar spanning more than one day and set it as 'all day'.
- Check the live tile and it will display the event running until a day after you actually set it for

So for example, if I set a four day event spanning all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday you'd expect the live tile to say "Fri-Mon" right? Nope, the live tile says "Fri-Tues". Try it! (The same calendar event on the same calendar account shows on Windows 8/RT as "Fri-Mon" which is correct.)

I pointed this out to @WinPhoneSupport and they initially agreed with me and said it'd be looked into. A few days later they said it'd been looked into and they had decided it was correct the way it was (and couldn't offer an explanation about why Windows 8/RT calendar live tile showed it differently). Their explanation of the dates was:

We looked at it and decided that this is the proper display since it is an all day event & technically going until Tuesday and ends on Tuesday. ^EB
Isn't it still running at 11:59PM on Monday and then it ends on Tuesday at 12:00AM? ^EB
This was looked into and this is what was determined. No changes will be made regarding this. ^EB

I was rather surprised by their reasoning... If I set my calendar to say I have holiday all day Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and the live tile says "Holiday. Fri-Tues" this is clearly misleading and incorrect. Not to mention the fact Win 8/RT does it correctly so there must be an error somewhere! If I'm wrong that means the Win 8/RT calendar app has a bug. In the end they told me to use the Feature Suggestion forums...(which I wonder if they actually look at sometimes).

I know it's a pretty minor problem but it does make the calendar a bit pointless for events spanning multiple days when the live tile gives incorrect information, and the refusal by Microsoft to acknowledge there's an issue just frustrates me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes