Is there a way to exit music apps (Pandora)?

Jason Coleman

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I've had a Nokia 920 for several months now. I'm liking it a lot, but ran into a troublesome behavior today. Last night, I installed Pandora, after hearing about the free service for a year. It's been nice, but I've noticed that because the phone seems to leave the last music app as the pop up controls on the lock screen, Pandora will often start playing again. This isn't a big deal when I'm on wifi, but it's more troublesome when it might happen while I am on cell data. Is there anyway to cause the music player/playback, or Pandora specifically, to actually exit?

Thanks!
Jason

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Download the "Stop the Music!" app from the Store, it has a tile function which stops the music completely.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Download the "Stop the Music!" app from the Store, it has a tile function which stops the music completely.
Or download "Quick Settings". Comes with tiles for Wi-Fi, BT, Data, Airplane Mode, Location and Stopping the music. I like its "stop the music" tile better than that of the "Stop The Music!" app's. The best part is that this is THE ONLY app I've seen so far that provides live status on the location pin, awesomeness!

Jason Coleman

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Just go into the app and press the back button to close it.

That only closes the foreground app, but it's still active as the current media playback app that pops up on the lock screen. Clearly I'm not the only one with the issue since there's an app for it. Thanks everyone, I'll give Stop the Music a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon