An amazing suggestion !!!

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
you know when you press the volume button and a drop-down box is displayed on the screen which helps you control the music and whether your phone is on silent or ringing mode ??
what if microsoft adds a couple of round buttons next to the silent/ring button which would help us switch the bluetooth , wifi , and data connection on and off

is it possible in the near future ???
because I have this app called connectivity shortcuts . it does the job alright but with a higher number of steps wheras my idea would narrow it down to one push of a button and one touch on the screen

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There's a pretty good idea in another thread. Long hold on search will bring up the current speech assistant, and hold on windows button will bring up a Center of shortcuts/notifications/settings etc.. I like it way better

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
you know when you press the volume button and a drop-down box is displayed on the screen which helps you control the music and whether your phone is on silent or ringing mode ??
what if microsoft adds a couple of round buttons next to the silent/ring button which would help us switch the bluetooth , wifi , and data connection on and off

because I have this app called connectivity shortcuts . it does the job alright but with a higher number of steps wheras my idea would narrow it down to one push of a button and one touch on the screen

It's not a new idea but I think MS feel that adding too many options that are "in your face" and completely visible muddies up the look of the OS...
I'm not disagreeing with you but where would that end...

The other option is what I do where I have live tiles for setting BT and wifi on/off...what they need to do is allow developers to use livetiles as buttons and not just links...if you know what I mean..

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
There's a pretty good idea in another thread. Long hold on search will bring up the current speech assistant, and hold on windows button will bring up a Center of shortcuts/notifications/settings etc.. I like it way better

Actually that sounds way too cumbersome. I like this posters idea better, along with swiping to the left for notifications. I like the speech assistant being activated from where it is...the start button.

It's not a new idea but I think MS feel that adding too many options that are "in your face" and completely visible muddies up the look of the OS...
I'm not disagreeing with you but where would that end...

The other option is what I do where I have live tiles for setting BT and wifi on/off...what they need to do is allow developers to use livetiles as buttons and not just links...if you know what I mean..

I'm not a fan of that (live tiles as buttons). I don't think his idea "muddles" the look at all.

I dig it. I've thought they shud do the same thing somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I totally understand what you mean . Ive thought of the same thing. Yet again , I tell myself " why take up the space of a square tile that will always be occupied in the homescreen when you have free space in a drop-down list that you can just view occassionally when you actually need to toggle something ON or OFF
to sum up , anything suits me as long as its a push of a button away ( i wouldnt mind 2 ;)

thats a good approach but we are trying to make things simpler to other foreign users from iOS and android when they hold WP8 phones , and not complicated by telling them "oh if you want to turn the bluetooth on , press the windows logo and blah blah blah " i hope you understood what im trying to say

Last edited by a moderator:

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
thats a good approach but we are trying to make things simpler to other foreign users from iOS and android when they hold WP8 phones , and not complicated by telling them "oh if you want to turn the bluetooth on , press the windows logo and blah blah blah " i hope you understood what im trying to say
Yeah, I do, and it's completely right.. It's Just the way I'd like it. According to this, the easiest would be a notification center with toggles, activated by swiping down. Almost every system uses it, and it works really good..

nstine20

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'd be pretty happy if they simply consolidated some of the connectivity settings into a single menu. I don't really understand why there needs to be individual menus for wifi, cellular, Bluetooth, airplane mode, and tap and send.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99