What's up with the 1 GB RAM requirement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Now Tune In also needs 1 GB RAM ? This is getting ridiculous.

My iPod Touch 4th gen can handle every game fine with 256 MB RAM and is able to play any game on the appstore smoothly apart from one or two.

How come WP apps/games need that much of RAM ?

I am a Lumia 820 user but it concerns me about 620,720,8S users as well as WP8 platform.

One of the strong reasons for Android to gain up marketshare quick was low priced phones and mid ranged phones standing as a backbone to reach every part of the world and every consumer but with these high ram requirements , I don't see WP8 platform moving fast as we all expect it to move.These small Apps like temple run or angry birds or subway surfers play a major role.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Then why don't you play the games on your iPod touch and stop to whine about something you should have been well aware of while deciding to buy a windows phone.

And don't compare those low/mid priced junkdroid phones to any windows phone out today. Those phones are laggy all the time. If you decided to board the windows phone band wagon, be loyal to it.

With Microsoft patience, is the key. Good luck.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
(not being mean or nothing) but since most of these games were ports from developers, the developers have to do a bunch of different coding and since they want to release apps faster, they don't worry about the ram, but later they update the apps usually in 2 weeks if all goes well

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Now Tune In also needs 1 GB RAM ? This is getting ridiculous.

My iPod Touch 4th gen can handle every game fine with 256 MB RAM and is able to play any game on the appstore smoothly apart from one or two.

How come WP apps/games need that much of RAM ?

I am a Lumia 820 user but it concerns me about 620,720,8S users as well as WP8 platform.

One of the strong reasons for Android to gain up marketshare quick was low priced phones and mid ranged phones standing as a backbone to reach every part of the world and every consumer but with these high ram requirements , I don't see WP8 platform moving fast as we all expect it to move.These small Apps like temple run or angry birds or subway surfers play a major role.

Then why don't you play the games on your iPod touch and stop to whine about something you should have been well aware of while deciding to buy a windows phone.

And don't compare those low/mid priced junkdroid phones to any windows phone out today. Those phones are laggy all the time. If you decided to board the windows phone band wagon, be loyal to it.

I dont think thats what you should say @rbxtreme, What@Sanjay Chandra said is quite right, those android phones might be laggy buy they do have temple run and subway surfers, android grew just because of its app store, not because of its user experience, if such memory restrictions are not removed soon, WP8 wont grow at all. People who buy low-mid range phones contribute the numbers to an OS users, not the top end ones.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
How is anyone suppose to be well aware of this? Does Microsoft mention it somewhere? Is it written on the phone box? Was it mentioned during the WP8 announcement?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Why did I get Windows Phone ?
I prefer having best of both worlds rather than being ****** to one company. (no offense)

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I dont think thats what you should say @rbxtreme, What@Sanjay Chandra said is quite right, those android phones might be laggy buy they do have temple run and subway surfers, android grew just because of its app store, not because of its user experience, if such memory restrictions are not removed soon, WP8 wont grow at all. People who buy low-mid range phones contribute the numbers to an OS users, not the top end ones.
my friend if people are so worried about WP not like android coz, WP has no temple run, has no instagram, has ram limitations then why do they buy a windows phone. Why not be loyal to android and enjoy the benefits. This is like someone complaining about his ford escape not handling like the other guy's Nissan GT-R.

As I said either you pick up a GT-R or wait until Ford,brings one out of their stable.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Why did I get Windows Phone ?
I prefer having best of both worlds rather than being ****** to one company. (no offense)

You just answered your question. You need to realize thats what's on WP currently is the best at the moment , and if you expect windows to give you what android you end narrowing the,diversity you looking around for. Better way to look at it is hoping WP comes,with some better apps than what's android has to give.
Cheers

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
my friend if people are so worried about WP not like android coz, WP has no temple run, has no instagram, has ram limitations then why do they buy a windows phone. Why not be loyal to android and enjoy the benefits. This is like someone complaining about his ford escape not handling like the other guy's Nissan GT-R.

As I said either you pick up a GT-R or wait until Ford,brings one out of their stable.

Exactly.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
How is anyone suppose to be well aware of this? Does Microsoft mention it somewhere? Is it written on the phone box? Was it mentioned during the WP8 announcement?
Did MS mention it that once you get a WP they would be getting you all the apps you find on the android/iOs app store?? Did the phone box say the next android clone made,by Nokia ... hurry pick up, while stocks last.. You funny dude 😊

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Did MS mention it that once you get a WP they would be getting you all the apps you find on the android/iOs app store?? Did the phone box say the next android clone made,by Nokia ... hurry pick up, while stocks last.. You funny dude 
What da?! Did you even read my post? I suggest you do it before hitting the post button because your reply has nothing to do with what I asked.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Did MS mention it that once you get a WP they would be getting you all the apps you find on the android/iOs app store?? Did the phone box say the next android clone made,by Nokia ... hurry pick up, while stocks last.. You funny dude ��

Yes , MS MENTIONED it clearly through a BIG PRESS EVENT

Watch This Keynote : Watch from 0:13:00 to 00:16:00 (13 minutes to 16 minutes)

Windows Phone 8 Launch Keynote Presentation Full - October 2012 - HTC 8x - Lumia - YouTube

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why you are so angry at MS. Did MS developed and published those games? No they did not. The developers choose to support only 1gb devices. Blame them. Contact those developers and complain that you want to buy their game and so they should make a 512mb ram version. Then they will spend the time and make it for 512mb devices. Blame MS for the apps they make not for apps made by others.

As for the platform moving fast. What does that means? I'm a company I'm making a game. I choose to support wp8. I then hire some wp8 programmers or retrain my programmers to work on wp8 devices. This takes between 1 month to 2 month. This process of course starts in November when they have the sdk and phones the phones at their disposal. There comes December with winter holidays. Actual work begins in January. It takes 2-3 month to make a good game so what do you expect? How fast is fast in your dictionary? Software products as other products need time to be made and tested. Seams so few now remember the android launch and it's problems and lack of apps in the begging and it's slow speed.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Let's be careful with the derogatory remarks. Both sides are making great points. No need to ruin the thread with insults.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
What da?! Did you even read my post? I suggest you do it before hitting the post button because your reply has nothing to do with what I asked.
if my reply never made sense,to you I'll take half the blame and the other half is yours about your post not making,sense to me. That's a fair deal!!

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why you are so angry at MS. Did MS developed and published those games? No they did not. The developers choose to support only 1gb devices. Blame them. Contact those developers and complain that you want to buy their game and so they should make a 512mb ram version. Then they will spend the time and make it for 512mb devices. Blame MS for the apps they make not for apps made by others.

As for the platform moving fast. What does that means? I'm a company I'm making a game. I choose to support wp8. I then hire some wp8 programmers or retrain my programmers to work on wp8 devices. This takes between 1 month to 2 month. This process of course starts in November when they have the sdk and phones the phones at their disposal. There comes December with winter holidays. Actual work begins in January. It takes 2-3 month to make a good game so what do you expect? How fast is fast in your dictionary? Software products as other products need time to be made and tested. Seams so few now remember the android launch and it's problems and lack of apps in the begging and it's slow speed.
well said!!

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It's sad how much like Apple fans some of the WP8 people have become; It doesn't matter how silly some requirements have become they just tell others to stop whining and go elsewhere, you're entitled to have an opinion if you've bought a product.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
if my reply never made sense,to you I'll take half the blame and the other half is yours about your post not making,sense to me. That's a fair deal!!
OK let me make it easier for you to understand. The OP complains about apps locked at 1GB RAM requirement when there's nothing to justify this needless limitation. Then you go on and say he should have been well aware of this before buying a WP. Then I responded by asking you how could the OP have known about this? Does Microsoft mention it somewhere? Is it written on the phone box? Was it mentioned during the WP8 announcement?

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
It's sad how much like Apple fans some of the WP8 people have become; It doesn't matter how silly some requirements have become they just tell others to stop whining and go elsewhere, you're entitled to have an opinion if you've bought a product.

I appreciate your thought but my friend we need,to be realistic about how MS got into the smart phone thingy quite late and to be honest I feel optimistic about how robust an OS they've got. Apps will keep coming in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)