Best IE10 alternative web browser?

icyrock1

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my contract with sprint is up in a month, and i'm considering a Window's Phone. However, I heard that IE10 on WP only allows up to 6 tabs. And, has someone who is a serious multitasker (I normally have around 10~14 tabs up at once), that's simply not enough.

So, I would like to know; are there any good alternative browsers to IE10 on WP that allow 10 or more tabs? Are there any that let you view desktop sites (not sure if IE10 on WP allows that or not, but on iOS/Android you have to get a third party browser to do that).

Oh, and I don't plan to get another contract with sprint (So I won't be tied down when it comes to choices. I'm considering an unlocked Lumia 920 and T-Mobile's $30 plan of unlimited text, web[first 5gb @4g], and 100 talk minutes).

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
You are correct IE10 limits to 6 tabs. As for other browsers, there's not masses of choice - no chrome or opera for example... However don't let this put you off. This is a new OS and support is growing. The OS is fantastic.

icyrock1

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
You are correct IE10 limits to 6 tabs. As for other browsers, there's not masses of choice - no chrome or opera for example... However don't let this put you off. This is a new OS and support is growing. The OS is fantastic.

Ah, I know it doesn't have chrome (for some reason, Google is being an a** to the platform has seen by the map thing they did). I've tried the OS (my cousin has one, It's fantastic).

However, I need a browser that can use at least 10 tabs (though, I could settle for 8 if I had to). What i'm asking is are there any platform specific browser's in the WP app store that allow this?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Surfcube seems more intuitive because of the cube aspect of it. It runs alot smoother than UC browser and it has features like Cinema mode and integrated Readability.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
UC browser gets my vote, the best atm. Wish Dolphin ported over to WP8, that one was the best across all platforms I used prior to Nokia L920

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
My main problem is not the tab number, is multitasking. Tabs that goes to the background have to be reloaded and even the current tab is reloaded when the app goes to background. Really frustating for me the need to reload a page each time, I use as many tabs as I can to not have to revisit a site but that way is like bookmarking, horrible, if you use that way, forget WP.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
With IE10?
Don't think I've ever had that happen to me. Could depend on the phone and be a RAM issue maybe, as it has to be allocated elsewhere.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel anything can count as a decent alternative until they can be set as the default browser. That said, most of the complaints with IE could be easily fixed if Microsoft stops drinking the one-size-fits-all koolaid and invested a little into functionality over simplicity.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
With my N8 I often had around 6 tabs open, nowadays I dont bother. It's so fast on Lumia 920 anyways that I just pretty much use one tab to go between the 6 sites :D If I have tabs open, they're open accidently from opening some link and forgotten there.

azaright

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't give ridiculous answers,there are alternative web browsers like UC browser,Surfcube 3D browser,Metro browser

azaright

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my contract with sprint is up in a month, and i'm considering a Window's Phone. However, I heard that IE10 on WP only allows up to 6 tabs. And, has someone who is a serious multitasker (I normally have around 10~14 tabs up at once), that's simply not enough.

So, I would like to know; are there any good alternative browsers to IE10 on WP that allow 10 or more tabs? Are there any that let you view desktop sites (not sure if IE10 on WP allows that or not, but on iOS/Android you have to get a third party browser to do that).

Oh, and I don't plan to get another contract with sprint (So I won't be tied down when it comes to choices. I'm considering an unlocked Lumia 920 and T-Mobile's $30 plan of unlimited text, web[first 5gb @4g], and 100 talk minutes).
there are alternative web browsers like UC browser,Surfcube 3D browser,Metro browser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention