Error c101a053 when playing music

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when I play music using Xbox music either streaming or from my collections I get error c101a053 can't play this file.it will happen a few times then work . Doesn't anyone know why?

Fernando Sibaja

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Im having this problem right now. Just cant stream music in any device. My problem is, I live in an unsupported country. I just tried to play music from a vpn to see if the problem was the ip, but I still cant access it. Guess I will have to cancel my subscription.

fluffcycle

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Same here. No luck playing music on my phone or Windows 8. This seems to happen way to often to me. I hope they can get this fixed sometime soon!

ShariLo

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Per the xbox music service status site:

Xbox LIVE Status
Xbox Music and Video
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
Your cloud playlists and music tracks are temporarily unavailable. Please check back soon.
Affecting the following LIVE Platforms:
Windows 8
Windows Phone
Xbox 360 Console
Zune PC Client
3/30/2013 12:01:05 PM PDT:
Are you having problems using Xbox Music? Don't worry! We're are working to get this fixed as quickly as possible. Please check back in 30 minutes for more information.

fluffcycle

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was an alert we would get on our phone whenever the service goes down so we don't have to look on the internet for these issues

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
^ Try turning off the connect with Xbox music option, see if that helps. Everything seems up and running for me again right now. Watching Xbox music as I'm typing this.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster