03-31-2014 07:31 AM
60 123
tools
    i stoped getting updates as well . any one know how to fix this . im on the htc 8x
    06-13-2013 05:13 PM
    there is a seperate thread about update timings

i am in India and i usually my phone searches for updates at 6am IST
    06-13-2013 11:18 PM
    I tried the: "unpin store tile, clear the IE cache, reboot the phone and pin store tile back" trick but it didn't work. Waited an entire day and no updates showed up on my store tile.

I then went to: Settings ------> find my phone and unticked the "Send apps to my phone ...." waited 5 seconds and ticked it again.

About 1 hour later, ALL THE UPDATES SHOWED UP ON MY STORE TILE !!!

Let's see if it sticks though but so far, I'm happy this worked !!!...
    korg250 and Giles R DeMourot like this.
    06-19-2013 12:30 PM
    Another hangup that has to do with the "find my phone" is if you go to the website (on a computer), and it can't locate your phone, check to see that other phones have been deleted (if you've come from a different WP device to this one), and also despite it saying it can't locate your phone, actually click the locate your phone button/link, and force it to look. This happened with the 822 that I passed down to my wife, who was upgrading from a Trophy to the 822 when I got my 928.
    06-19-2013 02:31 PM
    I finally found the solution from a user on Microsoft Answers:

1. Unpin store
    2. Erase IE history
    3. Install a new keyboard (any language)
    4. After it installs, it will automatically reset the phone. Takes about 10 minutes
    5. Uninstall the keyboard
    6. Do a soft reset (volume down + power)
    7. Re-pin store.

I immediately had updates show up!
    Works for me. Thank you!
    fogmod likes this.
    06-19-2013 04:51 PM
    Nothing here :(
    06-20-2013 12:28 AM
    I can now confirm that my fix still works for me!

I just received another update notification on my store tile today!
    06-20-2013 09:36 PM
    Holy crap it worked the second time around! 10 updates
    jojapath likes this.
    06-20-2013 10:48 PM
    works fine for me... got 3 updates yesterday... and 2 updates before yesterday....
    but yes... i did a soft reset and then re-pin the tile to make it work...... :) :)
    06-20-2013 10:53 PM
    I tried the: "unpin store tile, clear the IE cache, reboot the phone and pin store tile back" trick but it didn't work. Waited an entire day and no updates showed up on my store tile.

I then went to: Settings ------> find my phone and unticked the "Send apps to my phone ...." waited 5 seconds and ticked it again.

About 1 hour later, ALL THE UPDATES SHOWED UP ON MY STORE TILE !!!

Let's see if it sticks though but so far, I'm happy this worked !!!...
    didnt work for me =(
    07-01-2013 08:31 AM
    any news? =/
    07-02-2013 01:36 PM
    I spent TWO MONTHS trying to get to the root of this with Microsoft and Orange. After all this time the best I got from Microsoft was - "As you may know by now, we are set to release an update for the Windows Phone 8 experience that provides new features and improvements. Your issue has been identified as one of the items that may be addressed with this update.". I sent my phone to Nokia this week, waiting for a fix or a replacement.

Just to be clear - none of the steps listed above worked for me, not even a hard reset that Microsoft was so persistently encouraging me to perform.
    07-13-2013 12:52 PM
    we are on the same boat bro. i tried everything. hard reset and bricked my phone. reflashed it. but the problem remains. *sigh*
    07-13-2013 02:01 PM
    07-13-2013 02:03 PM
    Hi all!

I had the same problem. After try all tricks, this one worked for me. I fixed it by doing the following:

1 - set all configs to factory default
    2 - remove your sd card (because I had some doubts about compatibility)
    3 - Go to settings > find my phone and untick “Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)”. Restart your phone --> tick “Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)”.
    4 - go to setting --> wifi --> advanced --> untick "Keep WiFi on when screen times out"
    5 - setting --> phone update --> tick "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it"
    (I believe that the next steps were the most important!)
    6 -check "push notification" at "angry birds Roost" (version < 1.4.0.687)
    7 - pin "angry birds Roost" to start
    8 - leave your cell phone turned on

After 24hs I receive all updates (~11 updates). OBS.: U need know if have any uptade available in the store...
    Last edited by Eduardo Tanoue; 07-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    fogmod likes this.
    07-16-2013 11:32 AM
    I have found out the solution for this update notification problem.
    Even this problem was with my lumia 720 since i bought this new phone. The solution is very simply. Go to settings->phone updates and deselect those all options i.e, your phone should not check for automatic updates. After doing this i found that the issue is solved. This has worked with my mobile, i don't guarentee for others, but this would really help, try it out. Don't forget to restart your phone and wait for 2-3 days. Thank you.
    08-02-2013 05:29 AM
    The above suggestions weren't working for me sadly, but with a slight variation to the unpin-->soft reset procedure, my store live tile is updating properly again. Here's exactly what I did. Step 1 is (I think) the addition to the above described procedure that made the difference.

Search manually through the store to find an update for one of the apps you have installed, but don't install it.
    Exit to the Start screen and look at your store live tile (should be showing "1" for the update you manually found)
    Unpin the store tile
    Settings --> Applications --> Internet Explorer. Delete History
    Exit to the Start screen
    Soft Reset (Press and hold Volume and On/Off button until phone resets)
    Settings --> Date + Time (set your date and time)
    Exit to start screen
    Power Off (hold power button and swipe down when prompted)
    Power On
    Pin your Store tile to the Start screen

Following that procedure, my tile updated immediately with several update notifications. Best of luck
    How many times did you try it?
    ...Pretty Lucky :D
    Last edited by nonsonobiondo; 08-14-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    08-13-2013 08:54 AM
    How is set your time and date, guys: MANUAL or AUTOMATIC?
    And what's the sync time of your Microsoft account(as items arrive, 15 min, 30 min)?
    Last edited by nonsonobiondo; 08-15-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    08-13-2013 12:33 PM
    I have TWO Lumias 920 with same softwares installed, model, firmware versions, different device names and SHARING the same Microsoft Live ID Account.
    The second device receives all updates precisely, but the first one NEVER RECEIVE ANY NOTIFICATION.
    Note: Different phone numbers and both on the same carrier operator.
    08-13-2013 12:44 PM
    After trying most of the things above with no luck. I had read that someone got it working again after uninstalling Skype.
    I did not uninstall Skype but i logged myself out of Skype (and Messenger as they are integrated in the same app now) and then used my Lumia 920 as normal for the rest of the day. Now, suddenly, I have 26 updates ready to install. Yeay!
    08-13-2013 01:58 PM
    My phone has undergone a hard reset three times and was replaced once. In each scenario the problem seems to be solved for a couple of days a then comes back again. It's pretty hopeless.
    08-14-2013 05:28 AM
    After trying most of the things above with no luck. I had read that someone got it working again after uninstalling Skype.
    I did not uninstall Skype but i logged myself out of Skype (and Messenger as they are integrated in the same app now) and then used my Lumia 920 as normal for the rest of the day. Now, suddenly, I have 26 updates ready to install. Yeay!
    Didn't worked for me either.
    08-14-2013 12:50 PM
    Tried install and unistall it, no luck.
    08-14-2013 01:01 PM
    Store looks for updates in particular time. Mine is 10 AM. So you have to be online and updates will show up. I had 6 today. Remeber to activate "Keep WiFi on when screen times out" in WiFi advanced settings. Hope this help.
    08-16-2013 03:21 AM
    Mine works ATM, Mine checks in the early hours of the morning as the updates are there ready for when I wake up.
    08-16-2013 05:25 AM
60 123