Store not showing App Updates.

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I couldn't find any Windows Phone 8 thread about this so I started a new one.
I'm not getting any update notifications from the Store app. Whether it's from the Live Tile or more importantly IN the app itself, I will not see any updates. Used to work fine at first. Now I have to manually search for the updates myself.

Is there a schedule or specific time period in the day that the phone checks for update in? Cause it's kind of annoying if you ask me. I know there's a facebook update right now but it won't show and I'm not going to look out for it until I see it on my Live Tile.

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere before and thanks.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
There's a million of these threads and app updates usually do not show the instant they go up, rather some time during that day or night.

Last edited:

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
For me updates never showed up either, but one day I had to switch on flight mode and since I switched it off I got tons of update notifications on the store livetile on my start screen!
Another day when I knew that there were updates available, I switched flight mode on and off again and all of a sudden I got the notifications again (after a few min or hours, I don't remember)!

I have no idea if it was by chance, but it might be worth testing!

Also in case it doesn't work, there is a thread somewhere on here (use search) with the links to the updated nokia system tools (which you should update too in case you want everything to be updated ;) )

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
For me updates never showed up either, but one day I had to switch on flight mode and since I switched it off I got tons of update notifications on the store livetile on my start screen!
Another day when I knew that there were updates available, I switched flight mode on and off again and all of a sudden I got the notifications again (after a few min or hours, I don't remember)!

I have no idea if it was by chance, but it might be worth testing!

Also in case it doesn't work, there is a thread somewhere on here (use search) with the links to the updated nokia system tools (which you should update too in case you want everything to be updated ;) )

well did that put it in flight mode but an hour later no updates. I know the Facebook / Netflix app has an update and waiting on them. So will see if it comes through today. Whats this about the nokia thing? I did a search but cant find it.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Updates are checked at a particular time of the day, so I would guess they should show up within 24 hours (if there ARE any updates that is)

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think I fell in the same trap as many others. When WPCentral reports an update for an app I have, I just go and check the store's live tile. Well, that's not really going to work instantly, is it? My tile has been working fine on numerous occasions ever since. I guess it just needs its time..

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I was not doing the updates and just waiting but new updates were needed, But yesterday while talking to windows phone support suggested find all the updates my self as one may be causing it to stick. And I found loads and last the store tile showed 3 updates and started working again.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'll give those things a try as I am not getting updates on my tiles period. (VZW 822) I am always popping my SIM between the 822, the Z10 and an Crapdroid device so I don't know if that messes anything up. I don't see why it would....

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well, I think I fell in the same trap as many others. When WPCentral reports an update for an app I have, I just go and check the store's live tile. Well, that's not really going to work instantly, is it? My tile has been working fine on numerous occasions ever since. I guess it just needs its time..

many times with wpc they will have a QR code to scan or if you are on the mobile app and scroll over they will have a download link

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So, I did just what was suggested yesterday late morning. i unpinned store tile, cleared IE cache, reboot and repined tile.

When I woke up this morning, I had 42 app updates waiting. So yeah, it worked. 😊

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The above suggestions weren't working for me sadly, but with a slight variation to the unpin-->soft reset procedure, my store live tile is updating properly again. Here's exactly what I did. Step 1 is (I think) the addition to the above described procedure that made the difference.

Search manually through the store to find an update for one of the apps you have installed, but don't install it.
Exit to the Start screen and look at your store live tile (should be showing "1" for the update you manually found)
Unpin the store tile
Settings --> Applications --> Internet Explorer. Delete History
Exit to the Start screen
Soft Reset (Press and hold Volume and On/Off button until phone resets)
Settings --> Date + Time (set your date and time)
Exit to start screen
Power Off (hold power button and swipe down when prompted)
Power On
Pin your Store tile to the Start screen

Following that procedure, my tile updated immediately with several update notifications. Best of luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99