How to transfer pics to PC? Displaying images in Explorer (MTP/Mass Storage) takes over 5 mins!?

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The only way to transfer a large quantity of images to a computer now is to connect it with a USB cable to a computer and then drag and drop utilising the Mass Storage (Actually MTP) functionality. [Skydrive and Bluetooth are useless when the number of images number in the 100s every week]

The problem now is, every time I connect the phone and open the Camera Roll Folder. Just displaying the thumbnails of the images in Grid view takes over 5 mins (if the Camera roll has total of less than 100 pics, it can be very fast but if its 1000s of pics, you can literally wait there for minutes just for them to display)

Is there any way to "flush" the cache or to infact cache them or make it faster in any way? (Real Mass storage would have allowed a cache folder I think)

Is there any way to wirelessly transfer a large amount of data (pics/video) wirelessly (Direct from phone to PC without involving cloud solutions)? Skydrive and Bluetooth are useless if its 1000s of pics or home videos of sizes in GBs rather than MBs.

Thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just use Skydrive. Not sure why you say it's useless because it works great for me. Don't even have to think about it and the pictures upload almost faster than I can take them if I'm around WiFi.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Skydrive is great for upto 100s of pics. But when it is a mix of pics and videos in the GBs, Skydrive hits your consumption twice (once while uploading, again while downloading). This in addition to the time it would take if you come back from a trip (so they weren't uploading as you were taking them in real time).

Main issue is how to make Explorer display the images quickly like if it was a local folder or external drive etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon