Can't sync contacts from microsoft account on Lumia 720

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i just got my lumia 720 and its amazing! But i have problems getting contacts from my microsoft account.
I have a windows 7.8 phone too and it sync with windows live all the contacts without any problem. Windows 8 can sync too, and i see all my contacts from "contacts" in outlook.com.

My microsoft account is @gmail.com, can this be a problem? WP 7.8 see some duplicates for almost every contact, but at least i have all the information grouped.

is this normal? how can i see what accounts are linked to my microsoft account? from the normal "manage linked accounts" i see only twitter facebook and linkedin, nothing about hotmail or windows live :(

new phone but no address book, this is sad :(

ps: yes, i know about the filter option in the address book, even checking all i can't get the live's account contacts

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i renamed my microsoft account to @outlook.com and still have this problem :(

edit: solved!
after renaming my account to a @outlook.com i had to ad an outlook.com account (in addition to microsoft account) with the same address. This time it worked :D

edit2: it didn't fix at 100%, now i just have about a 20-30% of the total contacts! Seems like i can manually mess with contacts in people webapp or windows 8's people app to fix SOME of them.. what a pain :\

Last edited:

amcalexandre

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Please check the solution below, if necessary....

The question is, if You have really imported these Google contacts into Hotmail or have You just given Hotmail an access to them on Google account ?
I had this problem, that I have just given the accesss. It seemed like Hotmail displayed them like they would be imported but they were not. So I was going crazy to import them on my phone and I was unable to !
Then... I went to my google account, exported all the contacts to the outlook file and then I imported this into Hotmail. Then I removed the access to Google contacts and... yes, everything was in place and displaying correctly, of course the phone was able to import these contacts, too.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ts-imported-into-outlook-com-not-syncing.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers