Back Up Questions

Dale7G

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Since Microsoft didnt think anyone would want to change the microsoft account associated with there phone (Rolleyes) I now need to do a reset and I do not want to loose all the contacts and stuff.

I do have backup on, but I'm not sure where it save's it files

since I intend to use a different microsoft account on the phone, can I use the backup from the inital MS account ?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No you can't. But if it's just your contacts that you are worried about, you can go online, export your contacts from current account and import them on the new account you want. Now when you sync new account to phone, the contacts will be synced. Go to outlook.com

Dale7G

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Ive done this already, but it does not seem to save all my contacts, namely the non outlook ones.

I have contacts with pictures and phone numbers created on different phones, they transferred via bluetooth, this does not seem to import to people/outlook.

One alternative I am considering is buying another phone logging onto that phone with the account I want to use with the 1st phone, transferring setting from the 2nd to the 1st backing up the 2nd. resetting the 1st, then adding the account to the 1st I want to use, then using the backup or bluetooth function from the 2nd to the 1st ;)

But really, should I have to do this JUST to use a different microsoft account.?

definite strike against microsoft here

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
You can actually add multiple Microsoft accounts (either as a Microsoft account or an exchange account), and access all the contacts, email, calendar.

Dale7G

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know you can add accounts, but once you start a phone off with an account, you cannot remove it and add another, for instance, when I wish to give the phone to my wife.

I made the mistake of using my microsoft account initially, even though I intended to give the phone to her, once I transferred all her stuff from her old phone and got everything set up.

Having now done all that, I find I cannot remove my account and substitute hers...

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes I know you can add accounts, but once you start a phone off with an account, you cannot remove it and add another, for instance, when I wish to give the phone to my wife.

I made the mistake of using my microsoft account initially, even though I intended to give the phone to her, once I transferred all her stuff from her old phone and got everything set up.

Having now done all that, I find I cannot remove my account and substitute hers...
ah... That cannot be solved. Another stupid design of windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon