Laggy IE

Vehlin

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this this issue:

When trying to navigate through the address bar the search will fixate on the first couple of letters you type and insist on completing that search before it moves onto the next letters, during this time its completely nonresponsive.

For instance i want to go to Microsoft.com so i start typing and once I've type "mi" its off searching through my history for sites that start "mi" even though I've already typed "micros" its showing me all kinds of sites. If i happen to see the site I want listed and try to click on it I can't because its started a new search for the rest of my typing and now won't let me click on the old results its still displaying.

Needless to say this"feature" is pretty annoying...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You have terrible internet connection. So don't try to use "search suggestions" - go to IE settings and untick the box for search suggestions. It doesn't lag, your internet in taking time to generate real time suggestions. Once you turn that off, it will be all good or use on WiFi or where you have stronger reception.

Vehlin

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Well bad connection or not it shouldn't lock the UI out while it's doing it. It also should give up on its first search when its detected further keyboard input that will help refine the search.

Mad MilkMan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking about how annoying the suggestions are today. Regardless of data speeds, it's never been useful to use the search suggestions because as OP noted it locks the suggestion box the second you type the next letter. Now what really annoys me is when I enter into the address bar a website for example "engadget.com", the next time I type "engad" it shows in the suggestion box the adress's of the articles from my history, when all I want to do is go to "engadget.com". Really isn't very useful. Just had to agree with OP.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not a connection issue. I have 25mbps cable and full bars LTE. The only way I know to fix this is to delete IE history and files. The issue will come back tho.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking about how annoying the suggestions are today. Regardless of data speeds, it's never been useful to use the search suggestions because as OP noted it locks the suggestion box the second you type the next letter. Now what really annoys me is when I enter into the address bar a website for example "engadget.com", the next time I type "engad" it shows in the suggestion box the adress's of the articles from my history, when all I want to do is go to "engadget.com". Really isn't very useful. Just had to agree with OP.
This. Although, at least for me, WP8 has proven to be better than WP7 in giving me just "arstechnica.com" as I type rather than "arstechnica.com/articleFromTwoWeeksAgo.htm". But this new lag bug that wasn't in WP7 is just as bad because I still have to type the whole damn address. Wtf Microsoft...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)