If Apple made Windows Phone OS

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I was inspired by the recent satirical article "If the Surface Pro had been built by Apple" to start a similar satire about Windows Phone. The idea is to come up with what tech journalists would have to say about Windows Phone OS if it was designed by Apple. Here is what I have so far. Feel free to add more.

Apple's new notifications

We need our phones to let us know when important events have occurred while we were not looking, whether it is receiving an email, a text, or a phone call. Until now, smartphone companies have given users this information using the clunky, ham-fisted tool known as the "notification center". A notification center is an extra bit of bloat tacked on to the OS that users have to open to see all their various notifications. There, notifications of all kinds are lumped together into a huge, messy list. It is confusing, to say the least. Several methods have been attempted to tame the bewildering beast that is the notification center, but it has remained an unwieldy blight hindering any attempt at making a streamlined user experience.

Enter Apple with another revolutionary, brilliant, and elegant solution: live tile notifications. Instead of having a separate tool users must seek out where notifications are jammed together like rotting sardines, on the new iPhone notifications are clearly organized and right there on the start screen where they are easy to find. Better yet, they are attached to the tiles they are associated with. Get an email? There is a number on the email tile to let you know. Recieve a text? There is a number on the text tile. It is all so intuitive and obvious you will be amazed that this was not the standard from the beginning (not to mention amazed you ever put up with a solution as poorly designed as a notification center). As always, it takes the down-to-earth, intuitive approach of the geniuses at Apple to find solutions that are this clean and that work so well in such a beautiful way, while competitors lag behind dependent on less user friendly features. This as much as anything else is proof that Apple is the only company truly dedicated to making every aspect of everything anyone ever does easier, more intuitive, and more enjoyable. It is because of innovations like this that I literally worship Apple as my God.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster