Whats your favorite Windows Phone 8 phone?

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
if (920 has MicroSD && 920 smaller) {
920 wins!
} else if (820 storage > 8GB && 820 less wide && can load apps on SD) {
820 wins!
} else if ((520, 620,720) == LTE && can load apps on SD) {
520, 620, and 720 wins!
} else if (samsung smaller) {
samsung wins!
} else {
undecided....but loving the 820 :)
}

Sorry...just got done reading a programming :)

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to say 822 but it's the only one I've really played with. I never really considered the 8X because of non-replaceable battery and non-expandable storage. Plus, I really liked the feel of the Lumia.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
920 is the only available WP8 phone that I like right now. 928 will probably be added to that list when it's released.

The camera - it's all about the camera.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I love my 810

It's a perfect "bang for your buck" phone. Has (almost) everything a high end phone has, with a few small things cut short (like resolution and internal memory BUT it has expandable!), and half the price. I paid $285 for mine off-contract, pay $30/mo on my plan, and the only thing I wish I had that the flagship 920 has were the special image features that phone has (stabilzation, etc) and the higher res. But yet with OLED the screen still looks amazing, so I'm not really missing my lack of 1080p on a 4" device..

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with the 8S. I think it's easily the best looking, but I wish it wasn't lower end.

I use the 822 and will likely be getting the 928. I'm satisfied with them both looks wise.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Design wise , 8X is sleek and amazingly designed but heard about its paint issues and 16gb storage is too low for me.

Then considered a Lumia 920 .Sure , 32 GB storage is lot but its not enough for my usage , That's the main reason I changed my mind in the last minute and went for 820 even though I went to the store originally to get 920. I made up my mind because 820 screen looked totally fine for me even though I was expecting lot less from that low res screen
wp_ss_20130408_0003.jpg

Last edited:

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Design wise , 8X is sleek and amazingly designed but heard about its paint issues and 16gb storage is too low for me.

Then considered a Lumia 920 .Sure , 32 GB storage is lot but its not enough for my usage , That's the main reason I changed my mind in the last minute and went for 820 even thought I went to the store originally to get 920. I made up my mind because 820 screen looked totally fine for me even though I was expecting lot less from that low res screen
View attachment 31960
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of files are you putting on your SD card that need so much storage?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of files are you putting on your SD card that need so much storage?
Well , I answered same question yesterday in 820 forum, so copy-pasting it here :
I have an 820 {And its 820 forum :)}

External :
Pics : Around 3 GB (Around 6,000 pics)
Music + Videos : Around 40 GB (Music : 12 GB , Music Videos/Live/Concert Videos : 4-5 GB , Family/Event Videos : 12 GB , Movies/Youtube Clips/Podcasts : 12 GB)
Other : Around 7 GB (Which includes Camera Roll Photos/Videos I Guess)

Internal :
Apps , System and Other (temporary) storage together occupied like 5.3 GB

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I bought 32 GB SD for my 820 and honestly, I have no use for it, as I use cloud for everything.

Last edited:

kloon_be

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
i just love my ativ s just because everyone thinks its just another samsung android phone.
And if you push the home buton everyone asks What's that ????????
I just like the screen big battery and external micro sd slot

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The one I have my 8x. :D I really wanted a 920, but with Catwalk around the corner I decided to get an 8X right now and pick up Catwalk around June when that's rumored to come out. You can't go wrong with either in my opinion.

David Rollinson

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
For me it's the HTC 8X. I originally bought a Lumia 920 based on great reviews, but after a week I hated it and took it back and exchanged it for the 8X which I love more and more every day. The main reason is the Lumia 920 is UNWEILDY. It is heavy, too wide for comfort, slippery, and has straight sides, making it very difficult to pick up confidently with one hand without feeling at risk of dropping it. Picking up my phone is something I do dozens of times a day. The 8X in total contrast is light (yet strong), narrower, has a nice grippy surface and is bevelled at the edges, so that with one hand I can easily flip it up into my palm with great confidence. It just feels right in my hand and I can hold it for long periods without my hand getting tired, which was not the case with the 920: no matter how much I tried to convince myself I would get used to it, I just didn't. With the 920, because it is heavy and slippery I had to hold it more firmly. This resulted in me repeatedly activating the camera button accidentally, because the button is actually quite mushy and placed right where you grip the phone. I was expecting big things from the 920's camera. It does very well in low light, but overall all images where very soft focus in appearance, too soft to the point where they all seemed out of focus, and just didn't seem right. The 8X's camera to me gives nice sharp photos, so I'm happier with that. I also noted the GPS in the 920 was very laggy and I couldn't navigate effectively from it. It would generally be about 30 seconds behind my actual position when driving, so that I would be 2 or 3 blocks past my turn-off before it updated the screen. My 8X updates the screen every 2-3 seconds, and also has downloadable maps now, so that you can navigate outside 3G reception range (I wasn't actually aware of this until after I had purchased the phone - a nice surprise because I had decided to sacrifice that feature of the 920 to get the more ergonomic 8X). Sure, the 8X only has half the memory of the 920, but I don't store masses of music or video on my phone so it's irrelevant to me.

I guess much of this is personal preference. My personal take is that the Lumia 920 is beautiful to behold, whereas the HTC 8X is beautiful to use (as well as being a stunning, ergonomic design in my opinion). I wonder how many reviews are based on the initial "wow this looks good" effect, and hence why the Lumia 920 has had such good press. All I can say that having used both of these phones for good periods of time, the 8X is easy to love, the 920 just frustrated me.

There, that should stir up some comment...

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
All of that is weird. Your phone grip is weird if you press the shutter key while holding the phone. You basically rest the majority of the phones back on your palm instead of your index/middle/ring fingers.
As for slippery, i can rest my 920 flat on my palm and angle it nearly vertical with no slipping or sliding of the phone.

But Im used to phones like the s2/s3, so my grip has adjusted to the better viewing screens and don't find it unwieldly at all.

In contrast i found the htc models unwieldly due to the imo flawed position of the lock key (top of the device iirc).

Also I think their wp devices are ugly and feels nasty to use.

Again; personal preferences.

Discarding "i like this because i just like it" arguments, the 920 wins hands down.
But those things matter to people, which is why people buy technically inferior devices and at steeper prices, like for instance iPhones.

There's no right or wrong, really, just preferences.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
820 :) 4.3" is perfect for me, I love OLEDs and I also need the space (currently, I have not enough space with a 64GB card ;D )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans