How do I sync contacts with Yahoo?

Fyr

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got a new WP8 and I'm trying to set it up but I just see anything about how to sync my contacts with Yahoo.
Calendar sync would be nice too, but it's the contacts I really want.

I did sync them over from Yahoo to GMail on my PC and from there I got them on my phone, but I really want them to sync both ways.
Without having to manual export via GMail

Is there any way to do this?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new WP8 and I'm trying to set it up but I just see anything about how to sync my contacts with Yahoo.
Calendar sync would be nice too, but it's the contacts I really want.

I did sync them over from Yahoo to GMail on my PC and from there I got them on my phone, but I really want them to sync both ways.
Without having to manual export via GMail

Is there any way to do this?

Yahoo is kind of getting dated with its email client. it is sad...I've used mine since 1999... I do not have a clue as to why there is no option to sync Calendar or Contacts.

But, I hadn't looked into it, apparently you can't just easily sync them. Why did you bring Google into the equation? I'd kick that Gmail to the curb for SURE. What I would do, sign into Outlook.com with your Microsoft Account (Did you just use your Yahoo.com email for your MA?) Once signed in, you can easily import your contacts over from Yahoo. To keep them all in sync, there is also a feature at Yahoo to import from Microsoft, so just use both of those syncs and you should be fine.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
In regards to Yahoo! mail, don't you need to pay for their yahoo mail pro plan or something like that for this? Or is that just to have your mail forwarded/picked up by another mail server like Gmail or Outlook.com?

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
You can also use our newly published Purple Contacts app to directly copy / import your Yahoo Contacts to your Windows Phone.

We charge a small bit for it, which we hope some of you will find reasonable given the amount of time you'll save versus manually re-entering everything.

Two way sync? Maybe in the future. We're hoping enough of you like what we've started with for us to consider it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS