Where did wireless syncing go?

checkmate81x

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey does anyone know what happened to wireless syncing (over wifi) with windows 7.5/7.8 you could sync with zune via wifi without having your phone plugged into your computer. Did they just forget about it? And when are we supposed to get an actually client to sync over music/podcast??? I think we are still in beta. I've been just using windows media player (after exporting them from iTunes) to sync songs over cause the beta garbage always messed up, only syncing half the stuff I wanted... I WOULD BE FINE GETTING ZUNE BACK BUT MICROSOFT IS TOO HIGH HEADED TO REALIZE THEY MESSED UP! Zune was great and more integrated with the phone... the music start screen for 7.5/7.8 was made into the background....with wp8 we have that ugly gray box. Seems like a lot of downgrades that could be fixed with a little work. Oh and what about portrait/landscape mode and ability for 3rd party keyboards??

Sorry about his rant... but...

Microsoft needs to catch up and stop this bullshaft!

If i'm wrong on any/all of this please let me know!

Thanks

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I definitely miss the Zune sync. With Zune, syncing was a cohesive experience. I could queue songs up for syncing and manage my music from the Zune client. When I connected my Windows Phone, Zune would sync all the new songs over. In addition, it would back sync any songs I downloaded straight to the phone and backup the pictures I took. Finally (the part that I miss the most) is that Zune would update the metadata for all the songs on both the PC and the phone. So things like play counts would always stay in sync no matter where I played the music. This is the kind of cohesion that Apple is famous for, and Microsoft was able to pull it off perfectly.

With Xbox Music, they took a HUGE step backwards. Now syncing music to the phone is akin to just dumping the songs into a box. There's no back sync, no metadata, etc.

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I definitely miss the Zune sync. With Zune, syncing was a cohesive experience. I could queue songs up for syncing and manage my music from the Zune client. When I connected my Windows Phone, Zune would sync all the new songs over. In addition, it would back sync any songs I downloaded straight to the phone and backup the pictures I took. Finally (the part that I miss the most) is that Zune would update the metadata for all the songs on both the PC and the phone. So things like play counts would always stay in sync no matter where I played the music. This is the kind of cohesion that Apple is famous for, and Microsoft was able to pull it off perfectly.

With Xbox Music, they took a HUGE step backwards. Now syncing music to the phone is akin to just dumping the songs into a box. There's no back sync, no metadata, etc.
...and why to have a phone with wireless charging and do the syncing a caveman way?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Give them some time. They essentially rewrote the OS from scratch, there may have been some problems with some of the old features that required a bit more time.

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Give them some time. They essentially rewrote the OS from scratch, there may have been some problems with some of the old features that required a bit more time.

How much time, until MS decides to reinvent the wheel or drop the WP like Zune?

johnny77777

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Do we know if there's any update on this? I have someone here about to move from a Lumia 710 (WP 7.8) to Lumia 820. We need availability to upload photos to our network storage automatically and wirelessly as Zune currently provides us the option to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss