WP8 - questions about couple of things

zewis

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have Nokia Lumia 920. I really like WP8, because it for sure fits my current needs, plus this OS simply works.
Unfortunately I didn't find the solution for below matters:
1. Is there a way to scroll long page to the bottom quickly?
2. Is there any app, that adds "keyboard hide" button?
3. Is there any app, that allows to set volume level per application layer and OS layer?
4. Is there any way to "select all" in mobile word?
5. Is there any way to change video or photo name?
6. Is there any file manager for WP8?
7. Is there a way to set default phone number in contact?
8. Is there a way to give end date for cyclic calendar events?
9. Is there a way to add pictures through hotmail web page? I have pictures per contact, but I don't see it in Microsoft's cloud.
10. Why screen rotation doesn't work in all apps?
11. Is there a way to have battery, network, wifi, bt indicators in the top bar permanently?
12. Can I disable vibration on back, home and search keys?
13. Is there a way to define SSH tunnels?

Thanks for the answers.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
1.no
2.pressing the back button hides it in almost every app (messaging, whatsapp, IE, mail etc)
3.no
4. don't know, but I tried it and seems like no.
5.no
6.no
7.sorry, I don't understand that (maybe missing english skills ^^ I understand the seperated words but not the question itself)
8.afaik no
9.most likely they are added via Facebook, and then hotmail won't save it. if you also configured your fb acc, it links them on your phone.
10.well, not all developers implement landscape modes. There's no real reason.
11.no
12.no
13.you mean to access a remote server or to access the phone storage? for 1., most likely in the store. 2. no

zewis

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answers.
Question no. 7 concerns following case: I have a contact which has several phone numbers. Now I'm looking for the easiest way to dial to this person, but I want to avoid "pin to start menu" way.
Symbian had such simple feature that I could mark one of the numbers as a default one. Then when I wanted to call this person, this defaul no. was used.

zewis

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Question no. 13 is related to tunnels inside SSH session.
All apps that I see in the store allow to define SSH connection, but none offers advanced configuration options, that give possibility to set tunnels for remote hosts (which are behind SSH server).
I think that this is because WP8 doesn't allow socket connections :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs