Daily Apps Store Update Schedule Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the need to create a new thread but the thread title should at least offer a clue.

I discovered this last week and ever since, I've been observing it.

From what I have uncovered, app updates are checked daily between 7.30AM-9.30AM US Eastern time. I could have narrowed the time down but I have other things to do so I just make sure my phone is connected to the internet during that time range and I get notified about app updates.

Works for me. Try it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I keep my phone on the charger overnight and I generally have updates awaiting 4-5 times a week when I get up and check the phone I am generally up by 630 to 7 CDT.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
That is 30mins time range. Does it not work for you?

I have adjusted the time since I really cannot tell specifically the exact time but I really do get updates from the app marketplace for the apps I have installed within that range.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Update:

I can narrow the time down from 8.45-9.15 AM US Eastern.

I'm on UK region for app store if this helps.

Napalm Frog

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it may be based on when you set your phone up. For the first few months, my updates came in at 4:30PM EST (Toronto). However, I manually flashed to the 1308 Rogers firmware at 1AM when it was on the Nokia servers, and since then my updates have been coming in around midnight (which makes sense taking into consideration the recent time change).

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Update:

App updates have been noticed to be earlier than usual - now between 7-7.30AM US Eastern for UK/GB store region.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Update:

UK/GB store region's app updates are now pushed approximately around 5AM BST.

Be sure your phone is connected to the Internet during that time to receive app updates.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
how do you all know the store update time ??

i have a lumia 520 and since i got my phone..i never received any updates except for when i upgraded my firmware i got updates to nokia apps and world of red bull only

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
how do you all know the store update time ??

i have a lumia 520 and since i got my phone..i never received any updates except for when i upgraded my firmware i got updates to nokia apps and world of red bull only

It's difficult to know since the update time varies from time to time. For weeks I haven't received any app updates because the time was changed. I just keep track of the time when I receive updates.

Microsoft should really sort this out.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the update procedure is poor to be honest, on android it just seems to push through as and when things need updating rather than checking once a day and if you miss that.. you need to wait until tomorrow etc.

There should be a button in the store to 'check for updates' to avoid this for the time being.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
True. I love WP8 but I have to admit, it's a half-baked OS at its current state. Lots of missing features that should have been there in the first place.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree. There should be section for 'Updates' as you scroll through the Store page. And there should be 'Check for Updates' too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs