Allow users to select a Skydrive folder when saving photos to Skydrive from Camera Roll

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have multiple sub-folders in the "Pictures" folder in my Skydrive account, and uploading photos to a particular sub-folder is a pain. I don't have the option to backup all my photos to Skydrive enabled - I don't want all the random photos I take going to the cloud. I like uploading only select photos. So I browse through the photos in my camera roll and when I find one that I'd like to upload, I open that photo, click the three-dot menu and then "save to skydrive". Only problem is, there is no way to specify which folder in Skydrive I'd like this photo to go to. It ends up being uploaded to a random folder. I, then, have to browse my Skydrive folders, find the one to which this photo got uploaded and then "move" it to the desired location. This can be frustrating at times.

I know I can use the Skydrive app to upload photos to the desired folder, but that doesn't work best for the use-case I described above. It works only if I know exactly which file I want to upload. In my case, I generally take multiple photos of a particular scenery with different camera settings (playing with the ProShot app) and I browse through them in Camera Roll (in full-screen mode) and upload the one (or more) I like best. I cannot do this from the Skydrive, where I can only view thumbnails of photos and it is difficult to see which looks better than the other.

I contacted @winphonesupport and they got back to me stating this is by design. I must say, this is an awful design choice. They suggested I use the features-request page to vote for this feature. After an extensive search, I found that somebody had in fact created a request page for this feature and I voted it up. I request other folks in the community to vote this feature up so that it makes its way through in subsequent updates to the OS.

Here is the link to the feature request page (the title is not very descriptive, so it made it even harder finding it): Picture Upload to Skydrive

Thanks in advance

Edit: Found another page requesting the same feature: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...ty-and-folder-setting-for-skydrive-picture-up

Last edited:

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, some of their 'design' choices are quite baffling at times, this is one of many where usability in real world situations almost seems to be an afterthought.

When one is new to the phone, as i was quite recently, it can be totally confusing. Off to cast my vote.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs