New 920, iMessage problem

medicin3man

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
OK, so on this site, I was told to make sure I turned off iMessages on my iPhone before I made the switch from iPhone 5 to 920. Well, in my excitement, I forgot.

When people with iMessage on try to text me, it is either taking a really long time or I don't get them at all. I am sure this is due to my iMessage not being turned off. I have changed my iTunes email and I have been to the Apple Support to unregister the iPhone. Nothing is working.

What else can I do.

SAYSteez

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't see what that has to do with the 920 but..
I wonder if this is why I receive messages late and pictures have to be sent twice to me in order for it to go through.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What else can I do?

Make sure you turn off iMessages on your iPhone before you make the switch from iPhone 5 to 920.

But in all seriousness...you could also 1) search for 1 of the other 100 threads that asked the same thing which will lead you to #2) find an iPhone 4/4S to borrow for 5 minutes to turn off the feature (after you put in your SIM). Or 3) if you have an iPod Touch or iPad you can do it from those.

You won't be able to easily use an iPhone 5 since they have dif SIMs.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/202151-imessage-issue.html

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an ipad and I turned the feature off of that. Do I need to do it with the iPhone too?

No idea...but from what I read you use your iPad to remove the Phone...you don't have to remove iMessage from your iPad.

iMessage bug prevents SMS from getting through to Android switchers | iMore.com

1. Tell them to go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
  2. Log in with their Apple ID.
  3. Click on “edit products”
  4. Click on the “x” to the right of the product.
  5. Click “unregister”

SAYSteez

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I logged in with my apple ID and unregistered all 12 phones.
I had my friend with an iPhone message me a pic and it didn't come through :|

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon