Windows Phone desktop app sync issues

tvderg

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have/had the issue where the desktop app copies every item each time you sync regardless if it's on the device? Every time I sync it copies all 1000 odd songs that I have selected meaning it takes ages to copy. Is there a way to make the sync just cumulative?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
WMP will see it as a removable drive, so you add tracks to a sync list then just hit the sync button. Do check the sync setting to adjust the transfer quality and size.

James Doiron

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue's as I used WMP but it was not uploading the Album Art to my phone. I had the go back to iTunes and rip my CD's again and then go look at the Get Info and manually name the artist and manually find the image on the net and add it. As believe me if iTunes finds the images it's not really there for you Windows8 Phone and I think this is the issue for WMP as I not sure you can manually add the images to WMP as I did try to look them up within the program and add the album but nope . PS love the Samsung phone as I have a Blackberry Z10 but this phone has the features I wanted that BB could not provide

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The problems I have are all to do with syncing from iTunes. I've had an ipod touch for years and it's where all my music and podcasts are listed/subscribed so don't really want to have to start from scratch, especially as iTunes syncing is promoted as an option. Using the desktop app I get duplicate songs, podcasts that are in random order do no way of telling which one should be next, missing art and issues with double or triple cd sets, e.g. Time Flies by Oasis (three CDs) lists all the tracks 1s from the three CDs in order one after the other rather than playing CD one from the start and then playing track one on CD two and so on. All Track 2s from the three CDs then follow all the track 1s. Very annoying. In addition to all this, it tries to sync all items in the library each time rather than just what's been changed. Barely fit for purpose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes