Help with Skype and Outlook linking in People Hub

jboemios

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I have a person that have a skype profile, and I add manually an outlook contact with his phone number (I call him with this number and it works well).
I linked his two contact (skype and outlook), but the phone number that appears is the merged one has the phone number he puts skype, and when I tap it to call him, the system tell me that the number is not valid.

Is there any whay to use the outlook number in a merged contact?

Thanks

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well this is strange. When you link the contacts, both numbers are still supposed to show.

Have you tried deleting the contact entirely and linking it over.

jboemios

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
it is strange, I did the same with other contact and it worked like you told me, but there is a contact that is not working like it should.

Do you know if there is way filter what information I want to show in the contact profile?

Thanks

marciocattini

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope, unfortunately not. I have the same issue with facebook contacts, when the contact has set a phone number in its facebook account it will call that number instead so if it has signs like +, country codes, etc, the system prefers those numbers instead, but some carriers don't allow you to call when + signs are included and do not automatically substitute those for double zeros 00.

One way of going around that is to use cellphone 1 and 2 options, marking that number as a cellphone 2 and writing down the cellphone 1 field with the correct digits, so when you call cellphone 1 it will call the correct number.

I hope it works out for you! :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes