Facebook messaging problem. help pls!

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just tried this as yesterday I noticed nobody was online; so just now I see 3 friends on the site, NONE on my phone. Great. Facebook blocked windows phone at the start in the people hub so you didn't get all the posts, and that was fixed it seems now this? If Facebook starts this on windows phone, which should be considered anti competitive but it won't be, then I will not stay on windows phone. I already live with limitations like not seeing messages come down unless I use the app(don't like it) or the website and then limitations in the people hub. So, lets hope this is a temporary thing as this is a big issue the Microsoft should not wait til blue: update all the social media experiences in windows phone to fix issues and just make it more complete.

anon(5619589)

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Imhaving the same problem too.the day before the problem occurred it was working fine.....the next evening something went wrong and it is showing no one is online always.......Making me sad.....:crying:

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me and my wife. I'm hoping it's just a temporary issue. The reason that I think it might be is that the day that these problems started (Tuesday) is the exact same day that Windows Live Messenger was transitioned over to Skype. I'm assuming there's just some transition-related hiccups that will be sorted out.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me and my wife. I'm hoping it's just a temporary issue. The reason that I think it might be is that the day that these problems started (Tuesday) is the exact same day that Windows Live Messenger was transitioned over to Skype. I'm assuming there's just some transition-related hiccups that will be sorted out.

There you go, maybe this is the key. I bet the migration caused random accounts issues.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Getting message "cant connect to chat" in the messaging app but Skype is showing my online messenger friends. Probably a problem due to the transition from Messenger to Skype.

Last edited:

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not convinced it's related to the Skype/Messenger integration because I can't see any Facebook contacts online using IM+ either. It is likely coincidental that it happened on the same day.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Well if it is related to the transition its very bad form on Microsoft's part to leave people with non working features and not bother making an announcement. A simple blog post would be enough instead of this silence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster