Outlook.com alias account on WP8

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been digging around trying to add my outlook.com alias account to my Lumia 920 but I can't....I am able to log into my outlook.com account using my alias on the standard browser but when I tried to setup an account from the Lumia 920 with my alias it doesn't find it

I want to be able to see my account alias on my Lumia 920 but I don't know how....anybody have a solution? I looked into the outlook.com settings and there is no way for me to fwd my alias emails to my primary outlook.com email account ....I'm using my new outlook.com alias for some home projects and I don't want the contractors flooding my primary email

if anybody have a solution for me to see my alias email account on my phone, please let me know

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can change in settings at outlook.com to have the default device email as: your alias. So ant email sent from a device automatically sends as your alias. Hope this helps.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
On Outlook.com, you should have a separate folder on the left side for your alias email. On your phone, under your outlook email, click the menu buttons and select folders. You will see your alias folder and you can tap and hold and pin it to your start menu.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
On Outlook.com, you should have a separate folder on the left side for your alias email. On your phone, under your outlook email, click the menu buttons and select folders. You will see your alias folder and you can tap and hold and pin it to your start menu.

Thank you very much!!! that works for me!!!!

Rus Yates_Aylott

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
This works well for incoming mail but when sending only the default account is used.
As I have several aliases (and forwarded accounts) I want to be able to select which account to send from as I can in Outlook 2010 on my desktop or within Outlook.com itself.
The ability to select which account or alias I am sending from does not appear to be possible from my Lumia 920.
I might just as well ignore outlook.com and setup my pop accounts on my phone.
Does anyone have a better solution?

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This works well for incoming mail but when sending only the default account is used.
As I have several aliases (and forwarded accounts) I want to be able to select which account to send from as I can in Outlook 2010 on my desktop or within Outlook.com itself.
The ability to select which account or alias I am sending from does not appear to be possible from my Lumia 920.
I might just as well ignore outlook.com and setup my pop accounts on my phone.
Does anyone have a better solution?

Try adding a new email account using the alias address (note, I haven't tried this or even checked whether it works - just an idea).

Rus Yates_Aylott

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have tried to set up an outlook alias account as a separate account on my mobile but cant figure out how. I can obviously set one up using the original host details but I thought the point of outlook.com was so that everything is cloud based.
Anyone know how to solve this please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb