Windows phone 8 VS windows phone "Blue"

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday i found a post about a windows phone Blue concept, and i really loved the idea ... with some points taken.
but i wanted to see how does it really look like on a real device so i did this :)
here is the 2 pictures of my HTC 8x with the WP8 home screen and the the other one is for the "Blue" concept.
i personally found it a very good looking concept, at least its more eye-candy for me.

its just for fun, let me know what do you think about this !

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 26

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
The addition of tiles in the concepts we see are mainly for the 1080P resolution of future devices. We likely will not see the addition of tiles on out current devices.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Clutter, definitely! Unless it's a 5.5 inches+ device, I really don't see that extra icon thingy as attractive.

Agree 100 percent. Way to cluttered for me. I liek having what i NEED on the homescreen. Things i access often like my texts or email, even facebook. All of the other apps i use on occasion are nice and organized in a smooth and fluent list. All i gotta do is swipe left and scroll down. Pretty easy.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I think wp homesceen must be paged like others. We don't have enough space for our favorite apps. I feel like I have to scroll down if I add more apps, so I don't add anything more than only 1 page. Also when I want to add something or resize one tile, I have to redesign all tiles. But in page system you always see your apps with just a simple swipe.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I think wp homesceen must be paged like others. We don't have enough space for our favorite apps. I feel like I have to scroll down if I add more apps, so I don't add anything more than only 1 page. Also when I want to add something or resize one tile, I have to redesign all tiles. But in page system you always see your apps with just a simple swipe.

Understandable....but if windows phone conformed to this style of OS (page system) it will become like iphone or android. Thats why i love my windows phone so much...because it is unique and completly different. Not boring and dull like iphone and android.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
four posts and this thread is "trending?"

(no offense to the OP, or anyone involved, just puzzled)

If you think this threads trending, you should of seen the blue concept thread yesterday. It got closed because it started getting personal, with people insulting others with baguettes (I'm not joking) -- it was rather funny seeing grown men get so angry.

What I learnt from that thread, is that this subject is a bit of a sensitive area. 😠

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i found a post about a windows phone Blue concept, and i really loved the idea ... with some points taken.
but i wanted to see how does it really look like on a real device so i did this :)
here is the 2 pictures of my HTC 8x with the WP8 home screen and the the other one is for the "Blue" concept.
i personally found it a very good looking concept, at least its more eye-candy for me.

its just for fun, let me know what do you think about this !

Where is the link please, ad it is not showing on my phone?

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
If you think this threads trending, you should of seen the blue concept thread yesterday. It got closed because it started getting personal, with people insulting others with baguettes (I'm not joking) -- it was rather funny seeing grown men get so angry.

What I learnt from that thread, is that this subject is a bit of a sensitive area. ��

:straight: Thats sad.....

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Understandable....but if windows phone conformed to this style of OS (page system) it will become like iphone or android. Thats why i love my windows phone so much...because it is unique and completly different. Not boring and dull like iphone and android.

I totally agree with you.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Serious, you should go have a look, I think it's called 'blue concept' -- too funny.

You know i saw that thread, and chose not to even look through it with all the replies inside of the thread. I thought....eh.....thye probly just having this long boring *** discussion. I think i migh go read it now for some entertainment. ha.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
You know i saw that thread, and chose not to even look through it with all the replies inside of the thread. I thought....eh.....thye probly just having this long boring *** discussion. I think i migh go read it now for some entertainment. ha.

lol, it's called 'WP8 blue concept' -- I'll warn you now there is some long winding comments', but you'll have to read them all from start to finish to get what's going on. I'm there too, but look how it ends. 😉

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
lol, it's called 'WP8 blue concept' -- I'll warn you now there is some long winding comments', but you'll have to read them all from start to finish to get what's going on. I'm there too, but look how it ends. ��

Lol. wow. That was interesting. No kidding, that was some really long comments. I like the one with the bagautte, u weren't kidding. haha. Thank god i stayed away from that one.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Lol. wow. That was interesting. No kidding, that was some really long comments. I like the one with the bagautte, u weren't kidding. haha. Thank god i stayed away from that one.

Lol, I think he said something like " then you must have a baguette on your forehead" -- I think he was politely calling one of us D**k head.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
well, I'm in love with this concept, here's my Lumia 720 with the "blue concept" LOL
8695942304_de5fdbe405_b.jpg

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the way how it has only 3 sizes, but it would be better if the OS can put the tiles in proportion when displayed at a higher resolution, pretty much the way how Windows 8 arrange the tiles depending on screen resolution. This concept pretty much reminds me of android "resizable widgets".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa